AnsweredAssumed Answered

PMO 2.2 Install Error on Clarity 12.1.2

Question asked by nathan.arp on Nov 9, 2011
Latest reply on Nov 10, 2011 by nathan.arp
I recently ran into an install issue, for which I'm still really trying to find closure.

I installed a brand new instance of Clarity 12.1.2 on Windows Server 2008 R2 (Database and CABI installed on same OS, different machines). Database was MS SQL Server 2008 Enterprise. I had no out-of-the-ordinary issues with Clarity, database or CABI installs - even installed CAPA with no issues. Then I went to install PMO Accelerator - which is usually the "walk in the park" - and the install failed. The install gets to XOG'ing in the "cop_projectScheduleDashboard.xml" query file, and fails. The XOG result file gives the following reason:

XOG-3052: Query record has not been inserted com.niku.union.persistence.nsql.NSQLSyntaxException: NSQL Syntax exception: NSQL_SYNTAX_ERROR_DB_ERROR, Info: [CA Clarity][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Incorrect syntax near '('.

I got a work around from CA to simply change the "install.xml" file line

<exec executable="${install.dir}/bin/nikuadmin${script.suffix}" failonerror="true">

to
<exec executable="${install.dir}/bin/nikuadmin${script.suffix}" failonerror="false">

So while this allowed the install to be "successful" - it really wasn't.

I've reproduced the exact same error installing the same Clarity version and same PMO Accelerator version on Windows Server 2003 with MS SQL Server 2005.

Error Applying XOG: Failure occurred while applying queries/cop_projectScheduleDashboard.xml
Check C:\CA\Clarity\META-INF\content\xog\csk\queries/cop_projectScheduleDashboard_out.xml for errors

BUILD FAILED
C:\CA\staging\PMO\install.xml:58: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\CA\staging\PMO\install.xml:73: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\CA\staging\PMO\package\install.xml:135: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\CA\staging\PMO\package\install.xml:271: exec returned: 2

Total time: 5 minutes 38 seconds

Has anyone else seen or experienced this? What is the true fix?

Outcomes