AnsweredAssumed Answered

Branded WEBI reports (logo)

Question asked by MTGriz on Aug 13, 2010
Latest reply on Aug 19, 2010 by Prasad_Sunil
I am trying to find the best way to implement report branding by way of displaying a custom logo in the header. My current implementation of this is as follows. In Clarity the user assigns a value to the COMPANY parameter, which is used to identify the entity the report is for. On the WEBI side, the parameter value is then used to set the text of a free standing cell (via a simple IF THEN construct, text is set to ""). This cell contains the logo as a background image. If the cell is empty, it is set to be hidden. For each COMPANY, there needs to be one cell for this to work (overlapping, with the same top left placement). I found out I could not reuse the same cell as the logo dimensions are not uniform, and if I tried to go with a maximum allowable size for the cell dimensions there would be too much white space in the header as the cell does not collapse around the image (even if the image path is specified in the text property instead of the background image property).

While this method works reliably, it does force you to add a new cell for each branded entity and it becomes messy after a while to manage this. Ideally, I'd like to find a dynamic way to do this (without having to touch the report each time).

Outcomes