Clarity

• 1.  Collaboration Manager- default

Posted Dec 07, 2011 05:18 AM
    Hey all,

I'm trying to put our clarity admin as a default for all the projects, I know that the collaboration manager is the resource that creats the project by default, but i want it to add the "Admin" as a second collaboration manager when the project get created.
    any idea on how to do it ?

• 2.  RE: Collaboration Manager- default

Posted Dec 07, 2011 07:16 AM
    There are a couple of threads on the boards about this "problem". :sad

Bottom line is that there is no supported way of doing this apart from logging onto the app as the project creator and manually adding another collaboration manager.

Any automated solution would be a customisation that needs to go through CA-support etc. (I have a customisation that sets the project manager as an additional collaboration manager for example).

the logic of "how" the customisation would work is in one of the thread on the boards (or a linkedin thread linked to by a post of these boards) - have a look around.

• 3.  RE: Collaboration Manager- default

Posted Dec 07, 2011 08:25 AM
    Can you set it up in a template, that is how we do it. We have our project templates and admin is one of the collaboration managers so every time the project is created admin is listed as the collaboration manager

Thanks
    Tammi

• 4.  RE: Collaboration Manager- default

Posted Dec 07, 2011 08:46 AM

Tammi wrote:

Can you set it up in a template, that is how we do it. We have our project templates and admin is one of the collaboration managers so every time the project is created admin is listed as the collaboration manager

Thanks
    Tammi
    I know Tammi, I already did that, but the problem when the PMs creat projects, they do not use the template always.
    Thank you though :)

• 5.  RE: Collaboration Manager- default

Posted Dec 07, 2011 09:38 AM
    Oh I understand, we meaning the PMO creates the projects. I feel your pain

Thanks
    Tammi

• 6.  RE: Collaboration Manager- default

Posted Dec 07, 2011 08:45 AM

Dave wrote:

There are a couple of threads on the boards about this "problem". :sad

Bottom line is that there is no supported way of doing this apart from logging onto the app as the project creator and manually adding another collaboration manager.

Any automated solution would be a customisation that needs to go through CA-support etc. (I have a customisation that sets the project manager as an additional collaboration manager for example).

the logic of "how" the customisation would work is in one of the thread on the boards (or a linkedin thread linked to by a post of these boards) - have a look around.
    thanks Dave, i will try to find that thread :)

• 7.  RE: Collaboration Manager- default

Posted Mar 21, 2014 10:15 AM
    Dave:
    There are a couple of threads on the boards about this "problem". :sad Bottom line is that there is no supported way of doing this apart from logging onto the app as the project creator and manually adding another collaboration manager. Any automated solution would be a customisation that needs to go through CA-support etc. (I have a customisation that sets the project manager as an additional collaboration manager for example). the logic of "how" the customisation would work is in one of the thread on the boards (or a linkedin thread linked to by a post of these boards) - have a look around.

I've just discovered this fun little nugget myself (Clarity On Demand 13.2). So the way I understand, only someone named as a "Collaboration Manager" in Team Participants can create/manage discussions/threads/messages. And only the person who actually creates the project, OR any persons manually listed on the project template as a Collaboration Manager, can be a Collaboration Manager.

So basically, either I have to edit the template and put EVERY potential user who may wish to participate in discussions as a Collaboration Manager on the Template, or train all users who could create projects that they must manually add individuals as Collaboration Manager participants. Is this correct?

This is absolute absurdity and I cannot imagine why anyone would ever design a system this way!

• 8.  RE: Collaboration Manager- default

Posted Mar 21, 2014 10:44 AM

I am not sure that you are interpreting this correctly l think you are conflating "Collaboration Manager" and "Participant"

Yes its clunky, but mainly the Collaboration Manager bit - the Participant bit isn't so bad.

Also we can add GROUPS as particpants, so people will get particiapnt access dynamically when they are made members of a system group (if that fits your use-case).
    ( discussion here ; Adding system groups to Participants group <- but be careful ; the order of the posts in that thread appears wrong to me)

I do agree with your opinion on the rather awful design though - in fact I'm not sure the word "design" is even appropriate. angry