Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Project Stage Lookup

• 1.  Project Stage Lookup

Posted Aug 27, 2010 03:18 PM
    I'm trying to find the Project Stage lookup so that I can use it in a portlet I'm building. For the life of me I cant figure out what lookup is used on the Project: Properties: Main - General Stage field. It is a system restricted portlet so I cant look at it. I was hoping that surfing the list of lookups I might find it. But no luck there. Can anyone point me to it ? Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Ben

• 2.  RE: Project Stage Lookup

Posted Aug 27, 2010 03:24 PM
    In general, to find the underlying lookup for an object attribute, just go into the attributes list for the object in Studio and look at its property. In your case, the lookup is Investment Phase.

• 3.  RE: Project Stage Lookup

Posted Aug 27, 2010 03:28 PM
    inv_type->inv_project_type then whatever stage you are using...

• 4.  RE: Project Stage Lookup

Posted Aug 27, 2010 03:41 PM
    Thanks for the tip. Mine says Investment Stage. But when I try to find either of those in the list of available lookups they are not there. Any thoughts ?

• 5.  RE: Project Stage Lookup

Posted Aug 27, 2010 03:45 PM
    Can you specify which values are in the lookup on the front end?

As previously noted, the Investment Types Lookup is a Static Dependent list. So you actually have to drill-down into the sub levels to find the stage values. If you can provide which values you are looking for, it might be easier to help us locate.

• 6.  RE: Project Stage Lookup

Posted Aug 27, 2010 03:41 PM
    Just to expand a bit on the answers given - this is one of those funny static dependant list lookups that are also system built.

The big TRICK with this one is that you ca not search for it directly in the LOOKUPS bit of Studio (even when you have found its name by looking at the Object configuration), but if you search for the "Investment Type" lookup in studio, then go into it and look at the "sub-levels", its in there somewhere.

A great trick from Niku/CA there then! :blink:

Luckily there ain't many of these "funny tricky lookups", but its worth remembering the trick! (You can quickly filter the LOOKUPS list in Studio to only show the static-dependant ones, then you can get to this one quickly (well to its "parent" at least))

:mellow:

• 7.  RE: Project Stage Lookup

Posted Aug 27, 2010 03:59 PM
    Thanks Dave. I feel like I'm getting warmer.... I'm working on a portlet where I have Stage ID and I want to build a filter that uses the lookup. So in my query for the stage ID how do I assign Investment Stage as my lookup ?

• 8.  RE: Project Stage Lookup

Posted Aug 27, 2010 04:05 PM
    Actually I don't think you can do that DIRECTLY (since its a "funny lookup" :wacko: ).

What you can do (relatively easily) is code a simple NSQL based lookup that reads that values off the database associated with that funny "stage" lookup (just read the values off cmn_lookups_v) and use your new NSQL lookup in your portlet.

Since the values will be "in sync" with the system "funny lookup" that will work all ok I think? B)

• 9.  RE: Project Stage Lookup

Posted Aug 27, 2010 04:10 PM
    Thats what I was thinking of doing but I like the tree structure of the lookup that you see on project general portlet. Oh well... maybe it was just not meant to be...:sad

Thanks for your help !

• 10.  RE: Project Stage Lookup

Posted Aug 27, 2010 04:16 PM
    OK - You CAN get the tree structure thingy going on, by building your OWN static-dependant lookup (essentially as a COPY of the appropriate bits of the "funny" lookup)... BUT you will have to keep that "in sync" with the real "stage" lookup yourself. That should NOT be a great problem though, the contents are not really volatile are they.

(:what: The bespoke tree-structre lookups you can ONLY do with static values, you can't get that sort of lookup going with a dynamic (ie NSQL based) lookup unfortunately)

:glare:

• 11.  RE: Project Stage Lookup

Posted Aug 27, 2010 04:23 PM
    I guess that could be an option... We are new to clarity and I think we might be changing the values more than a more seasoned instance of the app might. I will just have to stay on top of it if I go that route.

Great Advice ! :smile

• 12.  RE: Project Stage Lookup

Posted Aug 30, 2010 01:13 PM
    Hi,

Please use the below query to fetch the information of investment stage.

SELECT CODE,INV.NAME,INV.DESCRIPTION, CMN.NAME STAGE_NAME FROM INV_INVESTMENTS INV, CMN_LOOKUPS_V CMN
    WHERE LOOKUP_CODE=STAGE_CODE AND LOOKUP_TYPE='INV_STAGE_TYPE' AND LANGUAGE_CODE='en'

Thanks
    Senthil