DX NetOps

• 1.  Spectrum KB: Which CABI version should be installed?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 21, 2011 09:22 AM

Document ID: TEC556109

Spectrum KB: Which CABI version should be installed?

Description:
    There are two different CABI versions available for download, CABI 3.0 and CABI 3.2. Which one should be used? Please select the following link for more information on this subject.

Knowledge Document Link:
    https://comm.support.ca.com/?legacyid=TEC556109

• 2.  Re: Spectrum KB: Which CABI version should be installed?

Posted Aug 04, 2014 11:15 AM

Could I please get clarification on how exactly I can determine which version of CABI/BOXI I have installed?

If I select Start>Programs I see that it displays BusinessObjects XI 3.1 (but this is a folder that could be modified so not an accurate option to use - I'm not sure that gets updated during an upgrade either)

If I open Business Objects Central Management Console, login and select "Settings" it tells me the version is 12.5.0.1265

If I launch from the Infoview tab in OC, login and select About. The version displayed here is 12.1.0

If I go to the install directory and look at the biek.properties file it simply says BusinessObjects Enterprise XI Release 3 SP5   (no mention of version 3.1 or 3.2 or 3.3!!)

If I check the install directory and look at the file called version it says BIEK version 3.3.0.2

I've logged a support call but this seems to be a more difficult request to get an answer on than I imagined.

I would like to determine which version I am actually running so that I can determine which steps (and which software I need to install) to get CABI/BOXI upgraded to support Spectrum 9.4.

Can someone please advise?

Thanks

Lesley

• 3.  Re: Spectrum KB: Which CABI version should be installed?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 07, 2014 05:21 PM

Hi Lesley,

I think the biek.properties file is probably the easiest method to determine which

version of cabi/boxi your running.

From the Spectrum side we have cabi 3.2, cabi 3.3, and cabi 3.3 SP1

cabi 3.2 = Boxi 3.1 SP3 , should be used an anything below 9.2.2

cabi 3.3 = Boxi 3.1 SP5 , should be used on 9.2.2+ and 9.3+

cabi 3.3 SP1 = Boxi 3.1 SP6, this is only certified against 9.4

Daren

• 4.  Re: Spectrum KB: Which CABI version should be installed?

Posted Aug 13, 2014 11:10 AM

Hi Daren,

Thank you for your reply. That clears it up for me.

I think CA should seriously consider using the same version numbering convention instead of adding this layer of complication and confusion.

Kind Regards

Lesley