Plex 2E

• 1.  Scroll wheel doesn't work in Windows Vista and 7 ?

Posted Sep 16, 2010 01:13 PM
    Good afternoon

In company i work we developed an application in CA PLex (5.1), but now when some of our Clients upgrade the operational system to windows Vista and 7.

When this happened the mouse scroll wheel stopped working and only happens with this application, every other applications works fine . In xp works
    fine, but in these 2 systems does not.

Does anyone already experience something like that ?

How do I solve it ? Anyone has any suggestions how to solve it ?

We already tried to update and change several drivers.

Best Regards,

Bruno Pereira

• 2.  RE: Scroll wheel doesn't work in Windows Vista and 7 ?

Posted Sep 16, 2010 01:32 PM
    Sorry, I just think it's funny. Currently supported releases of Plex, 6.0 and 6.1. Releases of Plex that support Windows 7. Plex 6.1.

Thisdocument should help you with compatibility.

Ok, moving on. When you say "every other application works fine" do you mean every other Plex Application, or something else. If it is every other Plex application, are the other Plex applications using Native or WinWidget controls?

Crispin.

• 3.  RE: Scroll wheel doesn't work in Windows Vista and 7 ?

Posted Sep 17, 2010 11:27 AM
    Good afternoon,

First Many thanks for the reply,

When i say other application i mean windows applications nothing related with plex applications.

You are right with newer versions of plex (6.0 or 6.1) , maybe this problems won't happen.

But in order to do that we have to regenerate the program with a newer version, which for now will cost many time/money and our client is not interested .

Is there a solution, to solve it with this version of plex (5.1), without have to update to a newer version of plex some patch ?

Best Regards

Bruno Pereira

• 4.  RE: Scroll wheel doesn't work in Windows Vista and 7 ?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 17, 2010 11:34 AM
    You will probably have to talk to CA, but given the age of your Plex version, well...

• 5.  RE: Scroll wheel doesn't work in Windows Vista and 7 ?

Posted Sep 17, 2010 11:39 AM
    Many thanks for the reply,

This just a detail, but maybe thats the best option to do.

Best Regards

Bruno Pereira