DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Alert on max response time

Posted Jan 04, 2012 05:21 PM
    I have a user who would like alerted if the max response time over the 15s period was above a certain number. I can only find a way to view this information, is there a way to alert on it somehow?

Thanks,
    Richard

• 2.  RE: Alert on max response time

Posted Jan 04, 2012 10:52 PM
    Add an Action to the Alert. The easiest (and delivered) capability is to send an email using the SMTP action. You should be able to find an example in the Samples management module.

• 3.  RE: Alert on max response time

Posted Jan 05, 2012 02:15 PM
      |   view attached
    I know how to create a normal alert, I want to know if you can alert on the max value in the average response time. If you mouse over the metric you will get a popup that lists the count of transactions within the 15 seconds and a min and max value. My customer wants to create an alert just based on the max time. I have attached a screenshot of the window I'm talking about.

• 4.  RE: Alert on max response time

Posted Jan 06, 2012 06:00 AM
    The can only raise alerts based on the metrics available in the Investigator. The max value, though known by Introscope, isn't exposed as a separate metric and therefore can't be alerted on. You are only able to alert on average response time.

As this is a frontend you could engineer something using CEM. If you define the business transacton you are interested and set the slow time defect value this will be breached for each and every request that takes longer than that value. This would raise a defect in CEM, which could be reflected in Introscope using the slow time defect count. This could then be used to raise an alert.

• 5.  RE: Alert on max response time

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 09, 2012 04:13 PM
    I'm on board with Mick's reply, if you have CEM.
    If not, then you could use EPAgent to extract data via Easy Integration Kit or CLW.

-Hiko

• 6.  RE: Alert on max response time
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 15, 2012 11:22 AM
    You can also make use of a JavaScript calculator so get the maximum value out of the current interval value. Take a look at the sample scripts shipped by default.
    Then use the metrics maximum value when generating your metric:
    var maximum= metricData[ i ].timeslicedValue.maximum;
    If you apply this JavaScript calculator to the Frontend metrics you need using RegEx you should be able to solve your problem by alerting on the new, calculated metric.