AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to add set of new attributes to ProjObj resembling data-entry grid?

Question asked by Alex_Feldstein on Jan 6, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 9, 2012 by Alex_Feldstein
I need to create a new report on special projects (Actuate). Before creating the report I need to add new attributes to the Project Object and to one of our own objects (tied to the Project page).

Adding and displaying these new attributes will allow our PMs to enter the information required for the future upper management report.

Adding standard textboxes and numeric input (money) boxes is easy. One set I need to add though will look like a grid in the report. It will have a few rows and four columns. The row count could vary but I guess i could set it to a fixed number, say 8 or so that should suffice.

What is the best way to do this through attributes and data-entry screen creation in the Project pages? As there is no Grid Control to drop in the pages (I wish), I guess a low-tech solution would be a set of textboxes grouped in one screen section that more-or less resemble a grid (8 rows x 4 columns), named text1 to text8 and so on (yech!)

Any other better ideas out there?

Note: I do not have PMO Accelerator and am not familiar with its capabilities. Can this be simply done in standard Clarity 12.0.5?

The other option I'm thinking of, if we can't do this cleanly enough is to add an HTML window inside Clarity and write a program in C# (.NET) that presents a clean interface, within Clarity. We already have such an animal for another screen but it is not easy to sell this option to management without trying the straight Clarity route first (as they would prefer to stay withing Clarity for less maintenance).

Any comments appreciated.

Outcomes