DX NetOps

• 1.  Service Performance Manager

Posted Jan 12, 2012 11:47 AM
    Hi,

We are using SPM to load some tests from the routers, so we are able to see the list of tests.
    It seems Spectrum 'polls' these tests every now and again (not sure exactly how often - if it's related to the tests you run on the device).
    I would like to keep the tests but disable Spectrum from polling the tests on the device and provide info from them.

I don't want to disable the tests on the routers though so I'm not sure what the correct process is for what I want to do.
    Currently I can't select Run or Stop test since the default action if it finds a test is to set it to active and schedules the test.

I'm not sure if I can set some attributes either.

So in summary I want to be able to have say 20 actively running tests on a router and I want to only 'poll' a number of these tests in Spectrum.
    Is this possible? Is this an 'all or nothing' capability?

Kind Regards,

Frank

• 2.  RE: Service Performance Manager

Posted Jan 18, 2012 11:54 AM

franktonjes wrote:

So in summary I want to be able to have say 20 actively running tests on a router and I want to only 'poll' a number of these tests in Spectrum.
    Is this possible? Is this an 'all or nothing' capability?
    Frank
    By "poll" what exactly are you trying to do within Spectrum? You can unschedule a test so Spectrum doesn't run it on a frequent basis leaving it configured within SPM but able to run on-demand.

• 3.  RE: Service Performance Manager

Posted Jan 19, 2012 08:00 AM
    Hi Matt,

Thanks for the response. By Poll I mean that it seems spectrum is gathering info about these tests and adding them to the database. When I click on one of the tests, I see the historic polled data.
    I would like to still see the test in the list of tests, but don't want spectrum to 'poll' (gather data for) them.

Regards,

Frank

• 4.  RE: Service Performance Manager
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 27, 2012 10:26 AM

franktonjes wrote:

Thanks for the response. By Poll I mean that it seems spectrum is gathering info about these tests and adding them to the database. When I click on one of the tests, I see the historic polled data.
    I would like to still see the test in the list of tests, but don't want spectrum to 'poll' (gather data for) them.
    If I'm reading this correctly, you don't want Spectrum to contact the router to gather the tests configured on the router on a frequent basis?

Or are you looking for Spectrum to not run the tests on a frequent basis? (If it's this one, edit a test and look at the Schedule tab. Set the Schedule State to Disabled and then the test will only run when you tell it to run).