Clarity

• 1.  Other Work - Not being displayed

Posted Jan 19, 2012 09:28 AM
    Problem: Within clarity we have 13 Other Work items. For some team members when they go to their current time sheet and select Populate all 13 Other Work items are displayed. For other team member only a handfull (6 or 7) of the 13 are displayed. Team members with only the sub set displayed can click on "Add Other Time" from their timesheet and see the remaining Other Work items.

I have researched this thread: XOG Other Work Issue but found no solution.
    All team members were added to each Other Work item.
    All team members checked for time entry and under Track Mode: Clarity.
    All Other Work items are checked for time entry and under Track Mode: Clarity

• 2.  RE: Other Work - Not being displayed

Posted Jan 19, 2012 09:45 AM
    Hi , Check if the other team members are allocated to the other works which do not automatically populate..

• 3.  RE: Other Work - Not being displayed

Posted Jan 19, 2012 09:54 AM
    Yes. For each Other Work item I went to the team tab and added all resources. For individuals who are not able to see the Other Work item initially I verified they were part of the team.

• 4.  RE: Other Work - Not being displayed

Posted Jan 19, 2012 10:11 AM
    Is it perhaps to do with the date range that the resources are allocated to the Other Work compared to the timeperiod for which the timesheet relates?

i.e. those resources who are allocated to the Other Work over the timesheet period get the entry automatically populated, those resources who are only allocated to the Other Work (at a different point in time) have to manually Add the Other Work.

(I'm just guessing here)

• 5.  RE: Other Work - Not being displayed

Posted Jan 19, 2012 03:42 PM
    Yes Dave, It probably would be date range issue.

Nickkime, replace the internal id's and dates in this query, it would show where the issue is.

SELECT A.PRSTATUS,INV.ID AS PROJ_ID, inv.name,INV.CHARGECODEID as PRCHARGECODEID, PRJ_R.PRTYPECODEID, A.PRID AS ID
    FROM PRASSIGNMENT A ,INV_INVESTMENTS INV ,PRTEAM ,PRJ_RESOURCES PRJ_R
    WHERE PRTEAM.PRRESOURCEID = xxxx--resource intermal id
    AND ((ISNULL(PRTEAM.PRAVAILSTART, INV.SCHEDULE_START) IS NULL AND ISNULL(PRTEAM.PRAVAILFINISH, INV.SCHEDULE_FINISH) IS NULL)
    OR (ISNULL(PRTEAM.PRAVAILSTART, INV.SCHEDULE_START) < '2011-08-01 00:00:00.0' AND ISNULL(PRTEAM.PRAVAILFINISH, INV.SCHEDULE_FINISH) > '2011-07-11 00:00:00.0')
    OR (ISNULL(PRTEAM.PRAVAILSTART, INV.SCHEDULE_START) < '2011-08-01 00:00:00.0' AND ISNULL(PRTEAM.PRAVAILFINISH, INV.SCHEDULE_FINISH) IS NULL)
    OR (ISNULL(PRTEAM.PRAVAILSTART, INV.SCHEDULE_START) IS NULL AND ISNULL(PRTEAM.PRAVAILFINISH, INV.SCHEDULE_FINISH) > '2011-07-11 00:00:00.0'))
    AND INV.ODF_OBJECT_CODE <> 'project'
    AND INV.ID = PRTEAM.PRPROJECTID
    AND INV.IS_ACTIVE <>0
    AND INV.IS_OPEN_FOR_TE <>0
    AND INV.TRACK_MODE = 2
    AND PRTEAM.PRPROJECTID = INV.ID
    AND PRTEAM.PRRESOURCEID = A.PRRESOURCEID
    AND PRTEAM.PRISOPEN <> 0
    AND PRJ_R.PRID = A.PRRESOURCEID
    AND A.TEAM_ID = PRTEAM.PRID
    AND ISNULL(A.PRSTATUS, 0) < 2

• 6.  RE: Other Work - Not being displayed

Posted Jan 20, 2012 11:06 AM
    @Rajini, I'm not sure what to do with the code you posted. Is that part of the Xog thing?

I did some more research and found how what is causing the issue:
    When I first go into my TimeSheet and click "Populate" I get all 12 of the Other Work items.
    General Activity is one of the Other Work items.
    I entered 5 hrs on General Activity under Monday.
    I submitted the time sheet for approval. I have approval rights and the TimeSheet was approved.
    From Jobs and Reports I ran "Post TimeSheets".
    Opening the General Activity, clicking on Team, and finding my name is see that Acutals have changed from 0 hrs to 5 hrs.
    Now when I go to my TimeSheet and select Populate the General Activity is not displayed.
    If I click on Add Other Time then General Activity is available as an option.
    I verified this for other users also. Where time had been entered, approved, and posted those general activities did not appear when Populate was selected.

Any ideas?

• 7.  RE: Other Work - Not being displayed

Posted Jan 24, 2012 04:42 PM
    Hi Nickkime,

Check if the ETC in the resource's allocation page against the other work is zero...

Thanks and Regards,
    Rajini

• 8.  RE: Other Work - Not being displayed

Posted Jan 25, 2012 02:46 PM

Rajini wrote:

Hi Nickkime,

Check if the ETC in the resource's allocation page against the other work is zero...

Thanks and Regards,
    Rajini
    On the resources's allocation page "Other Work" is not an option. All of the other work items are displayed. Maybe that's what you meant. I verified allocation is 0 for both General Activity and Out of Office. From the timesheet when I click on populate General Activity is not displayed and Out of Office is displayed. The only difference between the two is that I haved entered time against General Activity from the timesheet.

• 9.  RE: Other Work - Not being displayed

Posted Apr 23, 2012 09:45 AM
    Did you ever get your Other Work issue resolved? We are seeing the same thing here. We're on ver 12, and have 10 Other Work items. Once a resource adds times to the task, it disappears off of their timesheet the next week. We also checked the items referenced in this post. We have all of our employees assigned to each of the other work tasks. It has no allocation and all end 12/31/2012

• 10.  RE: Other Work - Not being displayed

Posted Jul 18, 2013 12:24 PM
    No, we just ask the user to click Add Other Work button to see the other tasks.