CA Client Automation

• 1.  Windows Event Log ID 1000

Posted Jan 24, 2012 01:17 PM
    Seeing errors in the event log of the agent machines. The event log will contain a ERROR referring to CAF and amagent. The message is Plugin amagent failed to start because: Worker process was launched but terminated soon after"". We have been having this on and off ever since we installed CMS r12.5. I was able to reproduce the issue by running activate job check within the DSM explorer. I selected all 3; software, hardware and collect. Within the DSM explorer it is not reporting any issues with the agent. Has anyone seen this before?

• 2.  RE: Windows Event Log ID 1000

Posted Jan 25, 2012 11:17 AM
    Hi Scott.

It sounds like it's the am agent being called in USD hint mode when the error is written to the log.

Can you check your settings in your configuration policy from the DSM Explorer. Under DSM\Common Components\CAF\Scheduler\Run the UAM agent in USD Hint Mode.
    Ensure your: "CAF Scheduler: command line" is "start amagent args -HINT"
    Check the Type of job and the repeat interval and the random minutes. Make sure these are realistic settings.
    Make sure your "Plugin dependency" is "amagent"

Check any of the configuration policys which could be applied to these machines and check these settings.

Regards

James Laverick
    CA Services UK

• 3.  RE: Windows Event Log ID 1000

Posted Jan 25, 2012 02:04 PM
    The configuration policy settings are as you say. The Repeat is 1 and Random minutes is 10. I'm pretty sure these are the default settings.

• 4.  RE: Windows Event Log ID 1000

Posted Jan 26, 2012 06:46 AM
    Hi Scott,

I would recommend putting the the agent in debug mode using the command "cftrace -c set -l DETAIL" then replicating the issue. Now have a look on the agent machine in the DSM\Logs folder and review each of the logs for any possible errors. If you cannot find the problem yourself it would be an idea to raise a support issue and upload these logs for review.

Don't forget to reset the trace levels using "cftrace -c reset" so you don't keep creating huge logs on the agent machines

Regards
    James Laverick
    CA Services UK

• 5.  RE: Windows Event Log ID 1000

Posted Jan 26, 2012 06:46 AM
    Hi Scott,

I would recommend putting the the agent in debug mode using the command "cftrace -c set -l DETAIL" then replicating the issue. Now have a look on the agent machine in the DSM\Logs folder and review each of the logs for any possible errors. If you cannot find the problem yourself it would be an idea to raise a support issue and upload these logs for review.

Don't forget to reset the trace levels using "cftrace -c reset" so you don't keep creating huge logs on the agent machines

Regards
    James Laverick
    CA Services UK