DX NetOps

• 1.  Tuesday Tip: Adding firmware version column to locater search results list

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 08, 2012 09:18 AM

Tuesday Tip: Adding firmware version column to locater search results list

CA Spectrum Tuesday Tip by Roger Nason, Principal Support Engineer, February 8, 2012

How to add a column that displays the firmware version in the Locater results

Description: By default firmware version is not a selectable column in the Locater results list view

Solution: Follow the steps below:

1) Create a file called $SPECROOT/custom/common/config/table-model-config.xml with the following contents:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <table idref="table-model-config">
    <column-list>
    <column idref="column-firmwareversion-config">
    <hidden-by-default>true</hidden-by-default>
    </column>
    </column-list>
    </table>
    2) Restart tomcat
    3) Right-click the search results column header and check the Firmware Version box

• 2.  RE: Tuesday Tip: Adding firmware version column to locater search results l

Posted Feb 08, 2012 06:31 PM
    Thank you Roger for posting this tip on adding firmware version column to locater search results list.

Mary

• 3.  RE: Tuesday Tip: Adding firmware version column to locater search results l

Posted Feb 11, 2012 05:15 PM
    Thanks Roger, i was able to do it perfectly, I saw the new columns in the locater list tab and also in the list tab of the global collections. But i dont see the new columns in the "resources list" of a service.

I only see Condition, Name, Networkaddress, secure domain, model type name, model class and landscape.

Maybe is another XML file, but i dont find it. Anyone know wich one?

thanks!

Diego

• 4.  RE: Tuesday Tip: Adding firmware version column to locater search results l

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 11, 2012 05:34 PM
    Hi Diego,

I believe the file you want is the $SPECROOT/tomcat/webapps/spectrum/WEB-INF/slm/config/table-resources-config.xml. You will need to copy this file (or create one similar to the one in the Tech tip) in the $SPECROOT/custom/slm/config directory. Make sure you use an idref statement and then just add the column. Again, it should be almost identical to the xml file from the tip. I hope this helps. -Roger

• 5.  RE: Tuesday Tip: Adding firmware version column to locater search results l

Posted Feb 11, 2012 07:02 PM
    Is not that xml but i will find out wich one is it, i forget about the SLM directory.

Thanks!

DIego

• 6.  Re: Tuesday Tip: Adding firmware version column to locater search results list

Posted Jul 01, 2014 07:37 AM

Hi,

How do you do the same (adding a column) for a random attribute ? Can we create our own "column-myattribute-config" file and where should it go ?

thanks!

VL

• 7.  Re: Tuesday Tip: Adding firmware version column to locater search results list

Posted Jul 01, 2014 07:49 AM

The answer is on RE: Add column and it works !