Symantec Access Management

• 1.  IWA or Kerberos with Iphone/IPad

Posted Feb 08, 2012 10:51 AM
    Has anyone implemented IWA or kerberos with Iphone or Ipad. I am using Apache Webagent and ASA for WebSphere Portal. If not possible, is there a way to make SMSESSION available for browser on Iphone?

• 2.  RE: IWA or Kerberos with Iphone/IPad

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 10, 2012 02:08 AM
    As far as I am aware Safari/iphone/ipad works with SMSESSION cookies.

Certainly the questions I have fielded about it, were related to complications with client SSL certs and the base logon was workign fine.

Cheers - Mark

Sent from Samsung Mobile

• 3.  RE: IWA or Kerberos with Iphone/IPad

Posted Mar 01, 2012 12:49 PM
    Thanks for the reply mark. Sorry for the delayed response. Ipad works with an existing SMSESSION or with form based or Basic authentication. My question is how can I use NTLM authentication to work with ipad since they dont use Windows OS?

• 4.  RE: IWA or Kerberos with Iphone/IPad
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 06, 2012 05:31 PM
    Hello Sam,

I believe even in the case of NTLM it should be ok since as long as the Safari browser settings are such that it can respond to the NTLM or IWA challenge the actual authentication anyhow would be done via the IIS server designated for this. I do see many posts out there on this topic related to Safari and NTLM and possibly few browser related problems and their solutions (on Google).

Thanks and Mark would be able to further add to it.
    ----- Manjari.

• 5.  RE: IWA or Kerberos with Iphone/IPad

Posted Mar 06, 2012 08:04 PM
    Thanks Manjari for all the assistance on the boards today!

Regards,
    Chris

• 6.  RE: IWA or Kerberos with Iphone/IPad

Posted Mar 13, 2012 07:13 PM
    Great, Thank you Manjari.

• 7.  RE: IWA or Kerberos with Iphone/IPad

Posted Feb 17, 2012 03:52 PM
    Hi Sam,

Did Mark's response answer your question? If so please mark the post as Accpeted Solution.

Thanks!
    Chris

• 8.  Re: IWA or Kerberos with Iphone/IPad

Posted Jan 12, 2015 05:08 PM

We plan on trying certificate authentication (X509 Client Cert Template Auth Scheme) for an "IWA-like" authentication experience, ie, where the user does not need to manually enter credentials.

This does work quite well for native safari-based web applications.

Since true mobile apps typically contain wrappers, access to the client certificate is a little more challenging.

• 9.  Re: IWA or Kerberos with Iphone/IPad

Posted Jan 19, 2015 10:14 AM

Could someone in the community assist Mike here?