IT Process Automation

• 1.  Remote Integration with PAM through the Web Service Utilities

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 17, 2012 11:21 AM
      |   view attached

CA Process Automation Tech Tip by Michael W Niebuhr, Sr. Support Engineer, February 15, 2012

The CA IT PAM Web Service Utilities are a field developed set of utilities designed to simplify interaction and integration with CA IT PAM. The package supports interaction at two levels:

Command line interface (CLI) - that can be invoked interactively or programmatically
    Java web service client wrapper - that eliminates the need to build a web service stub from the “out of the box” WSDL and works with more complex structures that be included as a library in any Java application

Using these utilities you should be able to initiate, control and track the progress of processes defined to CA IT PAM from the command line or external application very quickly.

The most current web service utility, version 1.1, written in 2013, is attached to this thread.

PLEASE NOTE: this is not supported out of the Process Automation level 1 support organization.  For assistance with using, or troubleshooting the Web Service Utilities please contact your account team to engage the Services organization.

Message was edited by: MICHAEL NIEBUHR to attach the web service utility to this thread.

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Re: Remote Integration with PAM through the Web Service Utilities

Posted Apr 03, 2015 07:59 AM

Hi,

I tried to click on the above link and i got a message that page is either moved to downloads page.

I was looking to download the latest version of PAM Utility .

Can you help me in providing the link ?

thanks/Chandar

• 3.  Re: Remote Integration with PAM through the Web Service Utilities

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 03, 2015 08:30 AM

The best practices page has been rolled into either the PAM documentation, the process automation support.ca.com web site, or this community where appropriate.    I have updated the original thread with the most current web service utility, Version 1.1 from September of 2013.

• 4.  Re: Remote Integration with PAM through the Web Service Utilities

Posted Apr 03, 2015 09:36 AM

Thanks Michael for the files,

I am having issues in executing the cmd file from unix ,

instead i tried executing

/usr/java/jre1.7.0_45/bin/java -jar bin/com.ca.dso.itpam.webservice.cli.jar /i user=<> password=<> uri=http://<>:8080/itpam/soap action=startProcess processName="processPath"

But it returned a processid and can't i know whether the process executed is successfull or failed ?

thanks/Chandar

• 5.  Re: Remote Integration with PAM through the Web Service Utilities

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 03, 2015 09:39 AM

You are just calling into PAM to start a process, I believe all you will get back is that process instance's ID.   Have you checked in Operations to see if your process ran?

• 6.  Re: Remote Integration with PAM through the Web Service Utilities

Posted Apr 03, 2015 10:40 AM

Yes its updated in Operations .

thanks.

• 7.  Re: Remote Integration with PAM through the Web Service Utilities

Posted Nov 23, 2016 02:34 PM

Thanks for this info, i was looking just for that! i'm trying do call a process from ITPAM via SPEL code on the SDM that i know it's possible, but wasn't finding this file .cmd that make it possible.

Thanks Again