AnsweredAssumed Answered

restrict project obs read

Question asked by brendanj1 on Feb 29, 2012
Latest reply on Feb 29, 2012 by Dave
Hi, I'm on 12.1. I'm endeavouring to achieve two things but am now totally confused at the initial stage
1. I've used the standard obs_read. xml to pull out all data relating to a project_obs which has provided me with all existing level depths 1-5, plus object association (object project) which is ok as I need to see which project id's are associated with a relevant OBS path. The initial problem is I only want to retrieve levels 1-3 plus project id's. This is what I'm using but it is not achieving what I'd hope.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_read.xsd">
<Header version="7.5.1" action="read" objectType="obs" externalSource="NIKU"/>
<obsTypes>
<obs code="dh_prj_obs1" description="OBS for Project" isSecurity="true" name="dh Project OBS">
<level depth="1" name="Corporate" />
<level depth="2" name="Business Unit" />
<level depth="3" name="Sector" />
<objectAssociation associationType="Any Unit" object="project" />
</obs>
</obsTypes>
</NikuDataBus>

The second issue is that once I have this data then I need to change the level 2 and 3 from an existing value to a new one but I am happier with that once I can see what the data looks like. Any suggestions on what I'm missing/ should include to the above xml to obtain some more specific data.

Thanks in advance

Outcomes