Symantec Access Management

• 1.  Exiting with HTTP 500 server error '00-0001'.

Posted Mar 07, 2012 12:14 PM
    Hi,
    I am having issues adding multiple webagent for different websites on same Webserver.
    Here is senario .
    Two Virtual Websites
    abc.xyz.com (default Website)
    def.xyz.com
    Created agents abc and def added both in aco default agent as multi-value. And added webagent.conf
    agentname="abc,abc.xyz.com"
    agentname="def,def.xyz.com"

When I try to access abc.xyz.com I am getting 500 Error on IE browser and I see the Errors in Log file
    [ERROR] Unable to resolve agent name for host “abc.xyz.com'. Exiting with HTTP 500 server error '00-0001'.
    If I remove Multi-value from ACO and Webagent.cof, default website abc.xyz.com works normally

Environment::
    Webserver: Windows 2008 IIS 7.5
    Webagent :: 6.0 QMR06, Update HF-06

Thank you,

• 2.  RE: Exiting with HTTP 500 server error '00-0001'.
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 08, 2012 01:33 AM
    Are your 2 web instances listening on the same IP and port?
    In that case, you would have configured HTTP host header for each instance.
    As long as the host header value matches then the agent should be able to resolve.

You can try renaming the agentname to FQHN to match your web instance dns name and set agent config parameter "AgentNamesAreFQHostNames=Yes" and see if that helps.
    If it does not, then please submit a ticket to support to investigate the issue further.

• 3.  RE: Exiting with HTTP 500 server error '00-0001'.

Posted Mar 13, 2012 08:27 PM
    Hi,

Did the response provided help you resolve your issue? If so please mark the post as Accepted Solution.

Thanks!
    Chris

• 4.  RE: Exiting with HTTP 500 server error '00-0001'.

Posted Mar 14, 2012 09:22 AM
    Did you create an agent object for each agent id, abx and def and configure policy for each? Make sure you configure tracing on the web agent and check the trace log. It should give you some good clues.
    Keats