DX NetOps

• 1.  CA Spectrum Install practices and tweaks? `

Posted Mar 16, 2012 01:47 PM
    Good Afternoon All,

I am currently installing CA Spectrum by first installing 9.2 then H06. A while back when first starting to work with Spectrum, we had a couple CA Principal Consultants work with me on initial installations and configurations. After a clean distributed installation (1 primary server and 1 hot standby secondary server), I was advised to make a few adjustments and tweaks to files. The following are what I currently configure once through the initial installation:

-open vnmrc file and change the default entry:"snmpv3_default_priv_"from "des" to "aes"
    -open vnmrc and add one liner at the bottom for monitoring pingables: add "enable_traps_for_pingables=true"
    -in Registry go to Hkey.local.machine\systems\current control set\control, edit the "wait to kill service" from "200" to "2,000,000"
    -Navigate to Spectrum\Lib\SDPM\partslist and edit the Archmngr.idb and SS.idb files so that they Autobootstart. chg from "N' to "Y"
    -edit the windows host file appropriately (windows\sys32\drivers\etc)
    -add in servers to the hostrc files on both primary and secondary server
    -Navigate to $\Spectrum\SS\DDM\configrc file and add the following line: add "Auto_repair_DB=True"

That is all I have at this time.. Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I am basically going to be monitoring 4 separate networks. Total models between all four networks is less than 650 devices total. These are distribution networks i.e. video, navigation, and machinery control types.

Thank you very much for your time, Any questions, please pass them on, Ken

--also,,, I just finished intial installaton of through H06 and upon starting the primary and secondary servers, I noticed that the secondary started with a precedence of "10"... I know how to go in through a bash -login and change but I am curious what I missed to make this correct during the install? If anyone can let me know, I greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks again,

• 2.  Re: CA Spectrum Install practices and tweaks? `

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2016 02:23 PM

Fault tolerance would need to be re-established. As this case is over 4 years old, I am marking as assumed answered