AnsweredAssumed Answered

Allocate from Estimates- Last Segement with 0%

Question asked by Tammi Champion on Apr 3, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 6, 2012 by another_martink
Good Afternoon Everyone,

We are trying to implement a process in order to clean up our estimates and allocate based on those estimates by using Allocate from Estimates. Here is our stumbling block during the clean up process and the ongoing maintenance of allocating from estimates.

If I allocate Tammi Reel to a project from 4/1/12 to 12/31/12 and remove the hard allocation start and finish dates and assign Tammi to a task from 4/1/12 to 6/1/12 for 100 hours. Once I allocate from estimates it is going to look at the task duration and segment me accordingly but the last segment will be from 6/2/12 to 12/31/12 for 0% which is fine. The issue is if I need to extend Tammi estimates and extend the duration of the task, the estimates will not contour past 6/1/12 because of the segment that was created for 6/2/12 to 12/31/12 at 0%. How we can bypass this obstacle, the only way we see it is by deleting the last segment each and every time we get ready to allocate from estimates but that will be a great deal of work for ongoing maintenance of allocating from estimates. Any thoughts on how other companies use this?

Thanks
Tammi

Outcomes