IT Process Automation

• 1.  Service Desk CA IT PAM Tutorial

Posted Apr 16, 2012 05:46 AM
    Hello,

Can someone please recommend a tutorial which I can use to create a Process which uses the Service Desk Connector tool for CA IT PAM?

I'm ideally looking for a step-by-step guide to creating a process which...
    - Is associated with a request category, and starts when a request of that category is created
    - Sends a request for approval to one or more approvers
    - Allows the approver to approve the request (either via CA IT PAM interface, or via email)
    - If appproved, updates the status of the request via CA IT PAM / Service Desk WebService

Any ideas? I've downloaded the ITPAM Service Desk Manager Connector Tutorial Overviewbut it's not really the tutorial I'm looking for (??)

Essentially, I'm looking for something similar to the End User Interaction Tutorial (which is very good), but one that uses the Service Desk Connectors.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Service Desk CA IT PAM Tutorial

Posted May 08, 2012 05:27 PM
    HI Robert:

I checked with CA Education on this. They recently released a 2 day course on this subject. More information here.

They do not have a tutorial available at this time.

They did recommend checking the CA Process Automation Best Practices Page on support.ca.com for additional information.

I hope this helps.

Mary

• 3.  RE: Service Desk CA IT PAM Tutorial

Posted Jul 16, 2012 10:57 AM
    I've just atted this course, and recommnend for SDM. But I was wondering if there in the processes of creating one for the catalog, do you know?
    Thanks