DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Introscope Alert Message

Posted Apr 25, 2012 01:39 PM
    Hi,

How can I customize the subject of an alert?
    When Wily sends an alert to email , the subject of all the alerts is "Introscope Alert Message".
    Can we customize subject of the alert depending on the type for each alert?

Thanks in Advance.

• 2.  RE: Introscope Alert Message

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2012 11:38 AM
    Create a custom action and use the Custom Email Formatter field extension. You can find a copy of it in the Document Library.

• 3.  RE: Introscope Alert Message

Posted Apr 27, 2012 10:21 AM
    Thank you so much...

• 4.  RE: Introscope Alert Message

Posted Apr 30, 2012 02:14 PM
    Hi davis,
    Seems this extension formatter file doesn't work for summary alerts... The issue I ran into was that:
    I created a custom action and added it into both summary alerts and simple alerts. But I found out that only simple alerts notifications were fired once the value went to critical by SMTP... All the alerts notification for summary alerts missed out..... Any idea?
    Thanks.

Zhang

• 5.  RE: Introscope Alert Message

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 30, 2012 05:21 PM
    I'll look into it, but in the meantime hopefully someone can get an answer to you more quickly.

• 6.  RE: Introscope Alert Message

Posted May 22, 2012 01:58 PM
    Not sure why, but In general the text you get in Summary Alert is different from what you get in Simple Alert, also the text also varies based on what option you select for the alerts like "Whenever severity increase, report final state etc". that may be the reason why this script may not be working.

• 7.  RE: Introscope Alert Message

Posted Jun 28, 2012 03:13 PM
    I downloaded the files from document library and tried to customize according to our requirement , but still we are having issues.
    Is it possible to get the subject of the alert based on the body of the script.
    Please help me out on this.

Thanks in advance.

• 8.  RE: Introscope Alert Message

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 28, 2012 03:28 PM
    Which string do you want?
    Remember, it's critical you know the order which you add the alert elements to the shell command.
    That said, run the script manually in debug mode so you can see what is being sent in yor emails.
    I suspect the metric you want is {1}.
    Very carefully go over the instructions for the formatter.
    If you're still having difficulty, maybe we can do a G+ hangout session so I can help you with this.