Clarity

• 1.  Pls! Help building up a process condition with a lookup validation

Posted Apr 25, 2012 02:22 PM
    Hi!! I have a process where a step needs to wait for a value on a multi-valued lookup field before going to the next step.

My condition is the following:

IF (project.thisProject.osde_impacto_orgz != null ) THEN GO TO STEP02

But this is not working. The process is not waiting for the value to be completed, it continues to the next step with the attribute empty.

I appreciate any ideas!!

Thanks!!
    Flo

• 2.  RE: Pls! Help building up a process condition with a lookup validation

Posted Apr 26, 2012 12:36 AM
    Hi Flo,

We are using a similar condition in our process flow as well. The way it works for us is when we restructure the post condition from

flogoya wrote:

IF (project.thisProject.osde_impacto_orgz != null ) THEN GO TO STEP02
    To IF !(project.thisProject.osde_impacto_orgz == null ) THEN GO TO STEP02, where osde_impacto_orgz is the multivalued lookup.

Regards,
    Harrish

• 3.  RE: Pls! Help building up a process condition with a lookup validation

Posted Apr 26, 2012 07:13 AM
    Have you tried below -

IF (project.thisProject.osde_impacto_orgz IS NOT null ) THEN GO TO STEP02

NJ

• 4.  RE: Pls! Help building up a process condition with a lookup validation

Posted Apr 26, 2012 10:19 AM
    Hi NJ the (project.thisProject.osde_impacto_orgz IS NOT null ) expression is INVALID for Clarity. The correct expresion is with !=, but it is not taking into account the !=, it works OK with ==. But I need the step to wait until the field has any value.... Would this be a bug or soemthing like that?

Thanks!!
    Flo

• 5.  RE: Pls! Help building up a process condition with a lookup validation

Posted Apr 26, 2012 05:02 PM
    Hi,

Which version of Clarity are you on?

This looks like issue of != null for multi value look up fields. While it is working for look-up type field. I think they have done some changes in V 12.1 for multi value look-up to allow null value and all.

Regards,
    Shalinee

• 6.  RE: Pls! Help building up a process condition with a lookup validation

Posted Apr 27, 2012 09:18 AM
    Hi Shalinee, I'm on Clarity v13. I do really think this is a bug. This condition is not working only for multi-valued lookups. For the rest of my custom attribute, it works just fine, even with static or dynamic lookups.

I have opened a case at Support and will have a live meeting soon, so will post the resolution.

Thanks!!
    Flo

• 7.  RE: Pls! Help building up a process condition with a lookup validation

Posted May 01, 2012 07:35 PM
    Hi Flo,

Were you able to resolve this issue with Support? If so please post the resolution here and mark it as Accepted Solution.

Thanks!
    Chris

• 8.  RE: Pls! Help building up a process condition with a lookup validation

Posted May 02, 2012 09:47 AM
    Hi Chris! We are planning to have a live meeting this week, but haven't done it so far.

I'll update the post with our results!

Kind Regards
    Flo

• 9.  RE: Pls! Help building up a process condition with a lookup validation
    Best Answer

Posted May 24, 2012 10:56 AM
    Hi!!

I just wanted to let you know that I've worked this issue with support and it has been linked to an existing related defect: CLRT-21716: Unable to create a 'pre' or a 'post condition within a process to check whether an MVL attribute is NULL.

Kind Regards!
    Flo