Clarity

• 1.  How to display custom Error Message in Clarity

Posted May 02, 2012 02:07 AM
    Hi all,
    I have written a trigger which has Raise_Application_Error(-20000,'Record Already exists in the given Date Range');
    But i couldn't see my Error message in clarity UI,It shows a different message like odf-pmd.20000.

How can i get my Custom Error message as specified in Trigger.

Thanks

Best Regards,
    RK

• 2.  RE: How to display custom Error Message in Clarity

Posted May 02, 2012 02:18 AM
    In messages_en.properties at following location you need to enter-20000,'Record Already exists in the given Date Range' and then Restart APPServices

\niku\clarity\resource\messages_en.properties

Make sure you enter unique error code number.

NJ

• 3.  RE: How to display custom Error Message in Clarity

Posted May 02, 2012 03:33 AM

navzjoshi00 wrote:

In messages_en.properties at following location you need to enter-20000,'Record Already exists in the given Date Range' and then Restart APPServices

\niku\clarity\resource\messages_en.properties

Make sure you enter unique error code number.

NJ
    Hi Navz,

can i add as following code ,i could find few lines in the messages_en.properties File.
    can i know what are these prefixes before the actual message.
    can i change these pefixes.

My Trigger message is:

Raise_application_error(-21010,'Record Already exists in the given Date Range');

odf-pmd.21010=REVMGR-21010:Record Already exists in the given Date Range

Please Reply Soon.

Thanks

RK

• 4.  RE: How to display custom Error Message in Clarity
    Best Answer

Posted May 02, 2012 03:50 AM
    You can not do "custom error messages / custom database triggers" in a supported (configured) manner.

--

But there have been a few discussions on how to raise custom error messages before, have a search on the boards and you should find the answers.

But realise that this is all :what: UNSUPPORTED :what: ; by doing this sort of thing (custom triggers/messages) you are rendering your application technically unsupported by CA support, is that a risk you / your organisation are prepared to run with? How do you plan to cope with upgrades (since a Clarity upgrade or service pack will likely remove and unsupported code you have added) etc etc etc...

You really need to understand all this (and the consequences of what you are trying to do) before you start developing solutions that require customisations to Clarity. (i.e. understand what you can and can not do easily/supported in Clarity before you "promise" a solution to your users! :vader: )

• 5.  RE: How to display custom Error Message in Clarity

Posted Aug 14, 2013 03:15 PM
    Online realtime data validation is needed. I would like to get CA SUPPORT involved in this thread please because my uderstanding is that if you get exceptions documented with design plans etc. it is supported. Is that not true any longer?