AnsweredAssumed Answered

Napatech card configuration on NetQOS MTP device.

Question asked by web-devel on May 3, 2012
I have installed APM 9.1.0.1 and have trouble with too many out-of-order packets. I have read quite a bit on the subject and realize that much resposibility to correct the issue is on the owner of the network. I still would like to the TIM to be able to reconcile those packets as best as possible. Does the TIM software automatically take advantage of all of the benefits of the the Napatech card that is installed for MTP devices? I ask about this specificall because I see an error message during the install of TIM on MTO that states very similar to "The Napatech card is present but the Tim is not currenently configured to use it." More evidence that there may be a problem is in a file on the MTP device:
----------------------------
cat /etc/wily/cem/tim/logs/napatech/setuplog.txt
Thu May 3 13:02:28 CDT 2012 Napatech software is installed but the Napatech/DriverArg setting is not defined
----------------------------
Perhaps these are meaningless because the TIM reads packets that are forwarded from nqcapd. If so it would be a nice service to the TIM if they were re-ordered before being forwarded.
Again, the question is: Does the TIM software automatically take advantage of all of the benefits of the the Napatech card that is installed for MTP?

Paul.

Outcomes