Clarity

• 1.  V13 Multicurrency

Posted May 04, 2012 06:26 PM
    I have done a fresh install of v13 on Oracle, went to the NSA, set the mutlicurrency flag to yes, but in the financial setup, it shows as single currency.
    I know 13 suppports multicurrency as i have an upgraded environment that is multicurrency, and it works just fine.
    has anybody else experienced any problems with v13 Multicurrency install?
    any assistance would be apreciated.
    thanks.
    Federico

• 2.  RE: V13 Multicurrency

Posted May 04, 2012 07:56 PM
    After setting the multicurrency flag to yes in NSA, have you tried to re-install the database from within NSA?
    That should help.

Thanks and regards.
    Mayank

• 3.  RE: V13 Multicurrency

Posted May 05, 2012 10:55 AM
    Yes that is exactly what i did. I also did an install on a new schema (with multicurrency selected), and no luck. Both times having the multi currency set. but when i go to the financial > setup it says single currency.

I wonder if it has to do with the backup that comes OOB? Has anybody done a clean install with multi currency enabled?
    there are no issues with upgrading, just the clean install does not seem to do it.
    any ideas would be appreciated.
    thanks
    Federico

• 4.  RE: V13 Multicurrency
    Best Answer

Posted May 08, 2012 08:34 AM
    Hi Federico,

With the fresh install, this included the restoring of the oracle_base.db file I presume? (Which would be correct and valid, just clarifying)

If so, you can follow the same guidance here: TEC466528

You could (after having set the multi-currency property in the CSA to checked/true) run this command instead which essentially wraps the dbpatch command from the above tecdoc:

admin db set-multicurrency

If the multi-currency flag isn't set in the CSA then it will not generate any output (it won't run the script), if it is set, then it will invoke the dbpatch and will show you a DBTools Log output as it runs. It is no different to the dbpatch except that it first checks the CSA setting before it runs as a safeguard.

Whether using dbpatch or the admin command though, make sure the app and bg services are first stopped, and then restarted after as the tecdoc advises. If you're using a clustered environment, since this is a change to the (CSA and) DB only, you don't need to run it on each server in the cluster, just one will do. Although you most likely know this, in case any readers do not, this is an irreversible change. You can switch from Single Currency to Multi Currency but not vice versa.

• 5.  RE: V13 Multicurrency

Posted May 08, 2012 11:38 AM
    Thanks Nic,
    i will try this shortly and let you know.

• 6.  RE: V13 Multicurrency

Posted May 08, 2012 01:06 PM
    Funny enough, i had a feeling it would be a command via the CMD. Oddly enough i checked every command using the -help option, and "set-multicurrency" is NOT one of the available options.
    i guess that is just another undocumented feature.

That worked by the way.
    thanks Nic.