Plex 2E

• 1.  Problem to build C++ program in Plex 7.0

Posted May 24, 2012 01:45 PM
    Hi,
    I have a working version of Plex 6.1 on my pc ( windows 7 ),
    I mounted Plex 7.0 on this pc but I can't compile C++ programs
    the error in the message log is : "Plex Build manager not properly registered (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)"

thank you,
    Gianluca

• 2.  RE: Problem to build C++ program in Plex 7.0

Posted May 24, 2012 02:28 PM
    Had exactly this a few months ago when we moved to wimdows7 and using 6.1 but no plex7. Why, well the process of The system guys building the installations for us developers were cutting corners, they were missing out the registering of active x, model api and build manager. In the end the end there were no short cuts and CA supplies installation exe for good reason as it is not as simple as copying a few dlls. i suggest you install plex 7 using the setup exe supplied.

Or you need to look at manually registering C:\Program Files\CA\Plex\6.1\bin\ob610CB.exe the OBComBldLib i think.

see plex help for model api which will also be missing
    "Registering the Model API
    The registration of the API interface is performed automatically when you install CA Plex. Therefore it should not normally be necessary to register the interface manually. If necessary it can be registered from the command line as follows:

Plex.exe /RegServer

This registers the interface and makes the necessary changes to the Windows registry."

Maybe something like this

ADMIN RIGHTS

C:\Windows\system32

C:\Windows\system32>cd C:\Program Files\CA\Plex\7.0\bin

C:\Program Files\CA\Plex\7.0\bin>ob7000CB.exe /Regsvr32

you are most likely missing a windows registry setting 7.0
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{5C42D10F-4806-4EE2-B685-9C9BD9D3A81E}

• 3.  RE: Problem to build C++ program in Plex 7.0

Posted May 24, 2012 05:17 PM
    George is correct in his assessment that this is a problem with the COM interface for the build manager not being registered.

You need to:

(1) Start a command prompt as administrator.
    (2) Go into the \bin\ directory under the directory that you have Plex r7.0 installed (i.e. where the Plex.exe is located). This is usually something like C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\Plex\7.0\bin.
    (3) Enter the following from the command line:

ob700cb.exe /RegServer

You will not see any feedback from doing this (sorry!), but the interface should now be registered. Try and build again, and it should be back to normal.

We have found that if the install is not kicked off with administrator privileges, then some of the COM interfaces cannot be registered - another useful one as George mentions is the PlexAPI interface used by the Code Library Wizard and Packager Tool; you can register that using Plex.exe /RegServer as explained by George.

You can also check whether the COM interface is registered correctly by using the Microsoft OLE/COM object viewer C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\Tools\Bin\OleView.Exe and looking under Type Libraries for ObComBldLib (Ver 7.0); the Win32= entry in the registry should point to the location where you registered ob700cb.exe...

HTH,

-Rob

• 4.  RE: Problem to build C++ program in Plex 7.0

Posted May 25, 2012 05:28 AM
    I performed the two commands recommended :

"Plex.exe /RegServer" and "ob700cb.exe /RegServer"

now it works,
    thanks George and Rob

Regards
    Gianluca