Clarity

• 1.  Projects Object

Posted May 24, 2012 03:26 PM
    Hello all,

I am new to Clarity and I have a requirement set forth by our company:

Requirement:
    To create a portlet that shows projects that have been set to approved status from today -7 days

Problem:
    I need to be able to look at each project and see when status was set to approved, using a portlet on a dashboard.

Here is what I have tried to do logically:
    I am trying to create a field on the Project object called Approval Date as a Date field with a default readonly value of 1/1/1900.
    I would then create a process that will [on change of status to approved] set that Approval Date field to [Current Date] once the process is run.
    Then the portlet would have a power filter on it to look at that field and do a compare.

I can create the attribute on the Project Object fine, but when I go into the Step Action it is not showing up on the drop down when I choose project.thisproject.

Please any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  RE: [CA Clarity General Discussion] Projects Object

Posted May 24, 2012 04:09 PM
    Good afternoon,

Have you thought about using the cmn_audits table? Use the pre-existing ‘inv_investments.Status’ field, set it up to create an audit entry when a value is created/edited, then use a max(created_date) from the audit table when the status is created/edited (see mock-up below), to display as the portlet filter criteria. Reference this (or a similar query structure) in using the object_id from the cmn_audits table (likely as a join).

select object_id, max(created_date)

from cmn_audits
    where object_code = 'project'
    and attribute_code = 'status'
    and value_after = '1'

group by object_id

If the Status value is ever changed, it will update the cmn_audits table to reflect that, and thusly update the approval date. If you just want the first approval date, you’d select min(created_date) instead of max.

Hopefully that helps.
    Best regards,
    - Mark

Mark Alton
    Clarity Systems Administrator
    Project Management Office

Picis, Inc., a part of OptumInsight
    100 Quannapowitt Parkway, Suite 405
    Wakefield, MA 01880, USA

T 781-557-3032
    mark_alton@picis.com
    www.picis.com<http://www.picis.com/>

From: CA Clarity Global User Community [mailto:CommunityAdmin@communities-mail.ca.com]
    Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2012 3:26 PM
    To: mb.2277340.98176730@myca-email.ca.com
    Subject: [CA Clarity General Discussion] Projects Object

Hello all,

I am new to Clarity and I have a requirement set forth by our company:

Requirement:
    To create a portlet that shows projects that have been set to approved status from today -7 days

Problem:
    I need to be able to look at each project and see when status was set to approved, using a portlet on a dashboard.

Here is what I have tried to do logically:
    I am trying to create a field on the Project object called Approval Date as a Date field with a default readonly value of 1/1/1900.
    I would then create a process that will [on change of status to approved] set that Approval Date field to [Current Date] once the process is run.
    Then the portlet would have a power filter on it to look at that field and do a compare.

I can create the attribute on the Project Object fine, but when I go into the Step Action it is not showing up on the drop down when I choose project.thisproject.

Please any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
    Posted by:lipkink
    --
    CA Communities Message Boards
    mb.2277340.98176730@myca-email.ca.com
    https://communities.ca.com
    The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access or use by any other person to this internet email is not authorized and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete or destroy this email. If you do not wish to receive future emails from this sender, please reply directly to this email requesting you be removed from any mailing list.

• 3.  RE: [CA Clarity General Discussion] Projects Object

Posted May 24, 2012 04:16 PM
    Im sorry, I am brand new to this product, I have no idea where to even start with this?

Can you provide me a little bit more details about how to accomplish what you are laying out. From a conceptual point I think I can understand but I do not know how to accomplish this inside the tool. This is clarity version 12

• 4.  RE: [CA Clarity General Discussion] Projects Object
    Best Answer

Posted May 24, 2012 04:35 PM
    So you’d want to go to the Admin side of the application, then to Objects. Select Project from the Object list, and go to the Audit Trail option (5th option). You’ll see 3 menu’s, select the Status field for each, and move to the right window. That will enable Audit Tracking Insert/Delete/Change for the Status field [Approved(1)/Unapproved(2)/Rejected(3)].

The query I provided in the last email is part of the total query you’d want to use to create the portlet you outlined. I would construct it as a join between inv_investments and cmn_audits, using the inv_investments.id = cmn_audits.object_id fields as the comparison keys. Structure your query to pull the max(created_date) or min(created_date) from the cmn_audits table (which you’re looking for), as well as the other summary project details you want displayed on the portlet.

If you’re unfamiliar with creating portlets, you’ll need to review the Studio Guide, take a course, or contract it out. What is often recommended is to create the SQL query, and then apply the nSQL wrapper for Clarity display.

Hopefully that gives you a bit more direction. If you are looking to outsource this, there are a myriad of options.
    Best regards,
    - Mark

Mark Alton
    Clarity Systems Administrator
    Project Management Office

Picis, Inc., a part of OptumInsight
    100 Quannapowitt Parkway, Suite 405
    Wakefield, MA 01880, USA

T 781-557-3032
    mark_alton@picis.com
    www.picis.com<http://www.picis.com/>

From: CA Clarity Global User Community [mailto:CommunityAdmin@communities-mail.ca.com]
    Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2012 4:16 PM
    To: mb.2277340.98177028@myca-email.ca.com
    Subject: RE: [CA Clarity General Discussion] Projects Object

Im sorry, I am brand new to this product, I have no idea where to even start with this?

Can you provide me a little bit more details about how to accomplish what you are laying out. From a conceptual point I think I can understand but I do not know how to accomplish this inside the tool. This is clarity version 12
    Posted by:lipkink

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access or use by any other person to this internet email is not authorized and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete or destroy this email. If you do not wish to receive future emails from this sender, please reply directly to this email requesting you be removed from any mailing list.