IT Process Automation

Silent Install of Additional Domain Orchestrator Cluster Node

• 1.  Silent Install of Additional Domain Orchestrator Cluster Node

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 07, 2012 10:12 AM
      |   view attached
    CA Process Automation, Scott Owens, Sr. Support Engineer, June 7, 2012

These steps were used for Process Automation 3.1 or 3.1 SP1. These steps have not been tested on 4.0 or above

1)
    Install Third Party files silently
    a.
    Make changes to the attached response.varfile (attached here as response.zip):

i.
    Change the thirdPartyLicenseAccepted and licenseAccepted values to true.
    ii.
    Change the javaHome parameter or set the JAVA_HOME environment variable.
    iii.
    Change the remaining values that are enclosed with <>.

Note there are a number of other optional parameters that are commented out, such as the installation location, that you may want to uncomment and change.

b.
    Overwrite response.varfile in the CD1 directory with the modified version.
    c.
    Start the silent install from CD1. Here’s the command using EEM and Windows:

Silent_Install_windows.bat -VcertPassword=<certpass> -VeiamCertPass=<eemcertpass> -VeiamPassword=<userpass> -VdbPassword=<dbpass> -VreportingDbPassword=<dbpass> -VruntimeDbPassword=<dbpass> -VeiamAdminPass=<adminpass>

d.
    If the Domain installation GUI appears, click Cancel and proceed to 2) below. If you’re using *nix with no GUI, proceed with steps i.-iv. below:

i.
    Run this command in another terminal window:

ps -ef | grep -i “Install”

ii.
    Look for a process that starts like this:

root 4281 4263 2 17:10 pts/1 00:00:01 /usr/java/jdk1.7.0/bin/java
    -Dinstall4j.jvmDir=/usr/java/jdk1.7.0
    -Dexe4j.moduleName=/usr/local/CA/PAM/CA_PAM_Domain_unix.sh

iii.
    If the process exists, issue this command:

kill -9 <pid>

Note that in the example above, the pid is 4281.

iv.
    Run step i. again. If you see any more PAM installation processes, kill them using the command in iii. Go back to the terminal window you ran the silent install from; the process should have ended.

2)
    Install Domain Orchestrator cluster node silently
    a.
    Copy the modified response.varfile to CD2 where the Domain installation executables are present.
    b.
    Start the appropriate Domain installer in silent mode, passing the following parameters:

CA_PAM_Domain_windows_32.exe -q -console -VcomingFromMainFlag=true -VcertPassword=<certpass> -overwrite -varfile response.varfile

c.
    Once the installation is done, start the service and wait for a few minutes.
    d.
    Log in at http://<hostname_or_ip>:8080/itpam to confirm everything is working as expected. If you receive this message, this node is having a problem communicating with the primary node:

The orchestrator is not configured as a Touchpoint in any environment.

In this case a router may be blocking the multicast packets used for cluster node communication. Contact technical support for additional information.

e.
    If you’re unable to log in, you may need to stop the service and restart it.

Attachment(s)

zip
    response.zip   5 KB 1 version