AnsweredAssumed Answered

Looking for advice on tasks' ETC

Question asked by FloGoya on Jun 13, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 14, 2012 by another_martink
Hi All! I'm looking for any ideas on a need I have. I'm not very used to work with project management, so I'm open to suggestions. This is my situation: I have a project that lasts a year. This project represents services that we offered to a customer where we will have one or more resources assigned. There aren't known tasks at the beginning. We will create the tasks on demand. Every time the customer requests for a service, we will create the task describing the service and the time estimated and will assigned the resource. Now, the time is limited. For instance, 480 hours per year. I would like to be able to see this total value and to see the amount left available for the customer as actuals are posted against the project.

I thought about having a grouping tasks but, the ETC of the grouping task will show only the sum of the child tasks. I would like something like that but a grouping task with a fixed ETC and when I create a dependant task its ETC would discount the total task and when the actuals are posted against this task it would also impact the grouping task hours.

I appreciate all kind of suggestions!

Thanks a lot,
Flo

Outcomes