CA Service Management

• 1.  Creating an interface for employees to change ours contact_id

Posted Jun 19, 2012 11:00 AM
    Hi everyone.

Some contacts in CA SDM are using the PIN to Logon.

But, after an auditing we need to make the users change our passwords. And we don't know how do this without customization.

You know how we can provide an frame, or tab, or some alternative for that?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Creating an interface for employees to change ours contact_id

Posted Jun 19, 2012 12:49 PM
    We also found ourselves in a similar situation and ended up building a custom form and using javascript to allow users to update their password. If anyone else has found an easier way I would like to see it as well.

• 3.  RE: Creating an interface for employees to change ours contact_id
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 19, 2012 07:47 PM
    Hello ricardoandrade,

I see that at least one other site has placed through an Enhancement Request with Support for similar functionality. You may wish to do the same.

CAT Services can assist with customisation in this area, if needed. Of course, any feedback on answering the original query is welcome.

Or they may be able to suggest an alternate authentication method that would work in your environment for this subset of users. Then you may use the tools of that authentication to enforce password policy. This may be an authentication method different from what is used for the bulk of your users, but suitable for this sub-set. There often are other ways to achieve login security.

I assume that there is some reason that your main authentication method is not being used? It goes without saying that storing user passwords in clear text is not ideal. You only have to look at the media attention that a big social networking site attracted in the past week when "hashed" passwords were recovered. Admittedly this was a very high profile company, and the number of accounts released was huge, but still - the days of clear text passwords should be numbered.

Anyone else can help with the original query?

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 4.  RE: Creating an interface for employees to change ours contact_id

Posted Jun 20, 2012 03:34 AM
    Hi ricardoandrade,

I gree with both Kyle_R and matsmith...

This could possibly be done with form customizations by exposing the PIN "password" field to the relevant contact, i.e. Display the field in edit mode only. This may require Form Groups as well. Depending on the type of user, I also forsee data-partitons and Access Type\Role (Functional Access) twigings to tighten or allow certain users to be able to update Contacts. CA Services can assist with the customizations. Otherwise this could be a valuable feature in future releases in which case you'd have to log a Enhancement Request with Support.

Good luck

Regards,
    Brian