Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

XOG adjustment timesheet to the new project

• 1.  XOG adjustment timesheet to the new project

Posted Jun 25, 2012 07:24 AM
    Hi all,
    I'm new member.

I would like to XOG adjustment timesheets - change booked time to the new project

I tried to use prj_projects_read.xml to read one resource with specific time period.
    And then changed projectID, assignmentID, and internalTaskID to the new ones for the new project; and set action = replace
    And run xog that without error.
    But when I checked timesheet of that resource, no changes I found.
    I also use action = add but not work.

Can you help me?

San

• 2.  RE: XOG adjustment timesheet to the new project

Posted Jun 25, 2012 07:46 AM
    Timesheet XOG is accomplished thru "timeperiods" not "projects";

Examples in the "prj_timeperiods_write.xml" provided as part of the XOG client install.

• 3.  RE: XOG adjustment timesheet to the new project

Posted Jun 25, 2012 11:28 AM
    hmm, not sure what happened to my initial response to this.

San does actually mean prj_timeperiods_write.

San is part of my team and we are trying to do the following:

recreate an existing project by XOGing out, changing some financials and XOGing back in - DONE
    Adjusting time entries against old project by XOGing out the timesheets, mapping project_code, assignment_ID, task ID then XOGing back in.

he is using the action = "replace"
    have tried various status values 1, 4, 5 - with no effect.
    The output is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <XOGOutput xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/status.xsd">
    <Severity>FATAL</Severity>
    <Description>XOG-2014: Timesheet already submitted. Submitted timesheets can't be altered.</Description>
    <Object type="timeperiod"/>
    <Status state="SUCCESS"/>
    <Statistics failureRecords="0" insertedRecords="1"
    totalNumberOfRecords="1" updatedRecords="0"/>
    <Records/>
    </XOGOutput>

Can anyone suggest what we are doing wrong here?

• 4.  RE: XOG adjustment timesheet to the new project
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 25, 2012 11:45 AM
    I would expect (functionally) that you do NOT just "update" the old timesheet, that you "create" a new ADJUSTMENT timesheet (new ids etc) for the same period/resource (i.e. we now have 2 timesheets - a POSTED one and a ADJUSTMENT one) and then you submit and post the new ADJUSTMENT timesheet as per normal (the original timesheet will turn into an ADJUSTED timesheet once the new ADJUSTMENT once becomes POSTED).

(since all that is the normal process which happens if you do this via the GUI)

--

I have in the back of my mind that XOGing adjustment timesheets gave me problems when I tried it (a few years ago in a v7 system I think), I also recall people saying that it DID work though (maybe in later versions?).

You do seem to have given yourself a bit of a challenge though! :wacko: (i.e. Could you do this in the GUI if its a "one off")

EDIT : slight clarification, the new timesheet you would create (the ADJUSTMENT one) is created just as a new OPEN timesheet for the period - there isn't a special ADJUSTMENT status as such even though the GUI will label the timesheet as an adjustment.

• 5.  RE: XOG adjustment timesheet to the new project

Posted Jun 25, 2012 11:51 AM
    Still suggest that you make the search. You might get things like
    Re: Attempt failed ... to create timesheets for a timeperiod.
    17/02/10 05:47 as a reply to Brandon.

1. No - XOG (almost) never allows any deletions

2. I GUESS that when you are adding new timeentries to an already existing timesheet you do NOT want to be doing this;

since that is an " add new timesheet" command, I would guess that you should be passing the existing "ID" (5062914) rather than "-1" and I'd check what "action" you should be using.

Word of warning about timesheets and XOG - you can NOT create adjustement timesheets through XOG (which is a shame) :-(

Dave.

Secondly the description of the error is
    Timesheet already submitted. Submitted timesheets can't be altered.
    That is fairly clear too.

Martti K.

• 6.  RE: XOG adjustment timesheet to the new project

Posted Jun 25, 2012 11:59 AM

Me, a while ago wrote:

Word of warning about timesheets and XOG - you can NOT create adjustement timesheets through XOG (which is a shame) :-(
    OK as I've implied, I'm not sure my statement above is true - you would need to check this / investigate / experiment. People (who I believed) have definately said to me that this can be done!
    (Clearly I have not tried it myself for a while though!). :unsure:

• 7.  RE: XOG adjustment timesheet to the new project

Posted Jun 25, 2012 12:16 PM
    The most likely avenue to pursue is in Dave's post

>
    EDIT : slight clarification, the new timesheet you would create (the ADJUSTMENT one) is created just as a new OPEN timesheet for the period - there isn't a special ADJUSTMENT status as such even though the GUI will label the timesheet as an adjustment.

Martti K.

• 8.  RE: XOG adjustment timesheet to the new project

Posted Jun 25, 2012 11:51 PM
    Hi all,
    Thanks for your responses

Welcome for additional information.

San

• 9.  RE: XOG adjustment timesheet to the new project

Posted Jun 29, 2012 01:17 PM
    Hi San,

We're you able to resolve with the information provided here? If so please mark the appropriate posts as Accepted Solution.

Thanks!
    Chris

• 10.  RE: XOG adjustment timesheet to the new project

Posted Jul 13, 2012 02:59 AM
    Because of time constraint,
    I did timesheet adjustments via Clarity GUI. :wacko:

• 11.  RE: XOG adjustment timesheet to the new project

Posted Jul 13, 2012 03:02 AM
    If you do it only once and you have less than twenty records to process then doing it the GUI is usually faster than setting up the transfers.

Martti K.

• 12.  RE: XOG adjustment timesheet to the new project

Posted Jul 13, 2012 04:12 AM
    Unfortunately,
    we need to build an 'automated' way of doing this whole process - as sometimes the financial properties of our projects change and we have to create new projects and back out the time from the old ones to rebook.

Unless we are missing something here...financials cannot be updated if there are transactions agains the project. Or can they??

so our 'automated' solution needs to do the whole shebang for us. From re-creating the project to finding all timesheets containing time-entries, and then XOGing them back in adjusted against the nerw project.

Matt

• 13.  RE: XOG adjustment timesheet to the new project

Posted Jul 14, 2012 02:26 PM
    we need to build an 'automated' way of doing this whole process
    That will be a challenge and sounds that it happens frequently so that you have grounds for creating automation.
    .financials cannot be updated if there are transactions agains the project.
    I assume you are referring to the financial properties of a project.

My understanding is that if you use adjustments to move that transactions against something else temporarily you can change the financial properties and after the change adjust them back.

Martti K.

• 14.  RE: XOG adjustment timesheet to the new project

Posted Jun 25, 2012 12:00 PM
    See also
    XOG - (adjustment timesheets)

Martti K.

• 15.  RE: XOG adjustment timesheet to the new project

Posted Jun 25, 2012 07:47 AM
    Sorry to say that does not sound right.
    Sounds as if you have written assignment actuals and not timesheet data (don't say anything about the timesheet ID you want to adjust). Do the actuals show up in the assignment of that resource in that project on that task?

For timesheets you should use prj_timeperidos_***.xml

You could search this forum for XOGing in adjustment timesheets before your next try in order to get and understanding what has been done before and what works and what does not.

Martti K.

• 16.  RE: XOG adjustment timesheet to the new project

Posted Jun 25, 2012 07:51 AM
    Dave: you must have become faster during you holiday.

Martti K.:sad

• 17.  RE: XOG adjustment timesheet to the new project

Posted Jun 25, 2012 07:59 AM
    :ph34r:

(post overlap I would expect)

• 18.  RE: XOG adjustment timesheet to the new project

Posted Jun 25, 2012 08:12 AM
    I was aware you could do parallel processing for datamart, but you could call the above paralle processing of the knowledge store.

Martti K.