DX NetOps

• 1.  Catalina errors in spectrum

Posted Jul 10, 2012 12:27 PM
    Hi all,

I was looking at some logs and notices my catalina logs were getting pretty big and found the following being repeated every minute:

18-Jun-2012 17:19:19 - eHealth server topology has not been established. Cannot verify migration status. Waiting 1 minute.
    18-Jun-2012 17:19:24 - Error in createEvent for mh 0x10004c,event 88211537 : org.omg.CORBA.BAD_PARAM: Invalid array length vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 0 completed: No
    at com.aprisma.spectrum.core.idl.CsCAttribute.CsCAttrValListHelper.write(CsCAttrValListHelper.java:53)
    at com.aprisma.spectrum.core.idl._CsCModelDomainStub.createEventWithValidation(_CsCModelDomainStub.java:722)
    at com.aprisma.spectrum.app.topo.web.repository.ModelRepository.createEventWithValidation(ModelRepository.java:7147)
    at com.aprisma.spectrum.app.ehealth.util.SimpleEventSender.doSendEvent(SimpleEventSender.java:271)
    at com.aprisma.spectrum.app.ehealth.util.SimpleEventSender.sendEventToDup(SimpleEventSender.java:199)
    at com.aprisma.spectrum.app.ehealth.util.SimpleEventSender.sendEventToDuplicateModel(SimpleEventSender.java:167)
    at com.aprisma.spectrum.app.ehealth.web.monitor.IntegrationServerHeartbeat.execute(IntegrationServerHeartbeat.java:103)
    at com.aprisma.spectrum.app.ehealth.web.monitor.EhealthStatusMonitor.run(EhealthStatusMonitor.java:187)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)

18-Jun-2012 17:19:24 - Error in createEvent for mh 0x30003e,event 88211537 : org.omg.CORBA.BAD_PARAM: Invalid array length vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 0 completed: No
    at com.aprisma.spectrum.core.idl.CsCAttribute.CsCAttrValListHelper.write(CsCAttrValListHelper.java:53)
    at com.aprisma.spectrum.core.idl._CsCModelDomainStub.createEventWithValidation(_CsCModelDomainStub.java:722)
    at com.aprisma.spectrum.app.topo.web.repository.ModelRepository.createEventWithValidation(ModelRepository.java:7147)
    at com.aprisma.spectrum.app.ehealth.util.SimpleEventSender.doSendEvent(SimpleEventSender.java:271)
    at com.aprisma.spectrum.app.ehealth.util.SimpleEventSender.sendEventToDup(SimpleEventSender.java:199)
    at com.aprisma.spectrum.app.ehealth.util.SimpleEventSender.sendEventToDuplicateModel(SimpleEventSender.java:167)
    at com.aprisma.spectrum.app.ehealth.web.monitor.IntegrationServerHeartbeat.execute(IntegrationServerHeartbeat.java:103)
    at com.aprisma.spectrum.app.ehealth.web.monitor.EhealthStatusMonitor.run(EhealthStatusMonitor.java:187)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)

18-Jun-2012 17:19:24 - ERROR - Could not send eHealth integration server heartbeat. No landscapes could be contacted.
    18-Jun-2012 17:20:19 - eHealth server topology has not been established. Cannot verify migration status. Waiting 1 minute.

I'm not sure why I'm even getting this - I can ping all servers from all other servers (spectrum and ehealth servers) and the integration works fine. This seems to go back to the day I installed the server.
    I am able to see the 'eHealth manager' (mh 0x30003e) and the DC and DC are listed under it.

I'd prefer the logs not to be filled with log entries if possible - and only see 'valid' info. This eHealth status Monitor, what is it trying to connect to? I've checked all attributes to find anything that looks incorrectly configured but I
    don't seem to see anything.

Anyone else have this in their logs (/opt/spectrum/tomcat/logs/catalina.out)?

Frank

• 2.  RE: Catalina errors in spectrum

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 13, 2012 07:55 AM
    Hi Frank:

Do these messages persist after simply cycling tomcat on OneClick?

Regards,
    Joe

• 3.  RE: Catalina errors in spectrum

Posted Jul 16, 2012 06:03 AM
    Hi Joe,

No, they seem to still appear every minute after both a tomcat restart and even after an OS reboot.
    I was just wondering if anyone else is getting the same. I know sometimes even though there are messages, some are just 'warnings' or 'info' messages which don't mean the product will stop working.

Regards,

Frank

• 4.  RE: Catalina errors in spectrum

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 16, 2012 09:15 AM
    Hi Frank:

I ran this by out integrations POD and they suggested you open an issue for further review. Please include the $SPECROOT/Install-Tools/.history file as well as $SPECROOT/tomcat/logs/stdout (or catalina.out) when you open the issue

Regards,
    Joe

• 5.  RE: Catalina errors in spectrum

Posted Jul 17, 2012 04:27 AM
    Thanks Joe,

I will log a ticket. Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Frank

• 6.  RE: Catalina errors in spectrum

Posted Jul 17, 2012 01:41 PM
    Frank,

the soultion would be getting updated Heartbeat.xml file which will be available in 9.2.2 (reference ticket 20897831-1: HEARTBEAT EVENT DELAY )

what you are getting are stale alarms in the integration because of the bad Heartbeat.xml file till the current release of Spectrum 9.2 H07

Be sure if you get the file from the above ticket it does not have debug code. I was given the one off with debug code enabled and it created a huge VNM.OUT file for me,

Hope this helps.

• 7.  RE: Catalina errors in spectrum

Posted Jul 18, 2012 03:32 AM
    Thanks for the info saurabhbohra. I will give that a look. I've also logged a ticket and the CA Engineer is looking at it - I will post the outcome!

I don't think I can see ticket '20897831-1' since that will only show on your account. I'll mention this to the CA Support technician as a possible resolution.

Regards,

Frank

UPDATE: I have found '$SPECROOT/SS/CsVendor/CA/EventRules/Heartbeat.xml' and having a look...

• 8.  RE: Catalina errors in spectrum

Posted Apr 09, 2014 07:13 PM

Hello,

Am seeing the same errors in catalina.out in 9.2.3, but i see that in only  primary one click, not on the second one. How did we solve the issue?

Please advise.

Regards,

Prash

• 9.  RE: Catalina errors in spectrum

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 10, 2014 01:54 AM

What are the spectrum and eHealth versions?

Are they on latest? 

Regards

Sunny