DX NetOps

• 1.  Spectrum Alarm - Trouble Ticket ID?

Posted Jul 10, 2012 01:04 PM
    Spectrum r9.2.1.7
    SDM r12.6

We are using the integration between Spectrum and Service Desk Manager. We automate some alarms to generate a ticket automatically, and others we allow manual ticket creation from the alarm. No problems there, the Trouble Ticket ID field in Spectrum show the ticket number and it is also hyperlinked back to Service Desk.

The problem comes in where we may have an alarm that does not generate a ticket automatically (by design) but the alarm is realted to a ticket that was generated by another alarm. I can set the Trouble Ticket ID manually through the Alarm Details tab, but it is not hyperlinked back to SDM and it does not show up on a Spectrum Webintelligence report that pulls the [TroubleTicketID] for that alarm.

How can I:
    1. Get a manually set (through Alarm Details tab) Trouble Ticket ID to be hyperlinked back to SDM just like the automatically/manually generated ones? (Right-clicking the alarm and generating a ticket ID is not a viable option as that generates a new ticket ID)
    2. Get a manually set (through Alarm Details tab) TroubleTicketID to show up in reports? (needed for auditors)

Chris

• 2.  RE: Spectrum Alarm - Trouble Ticket ID?

Posted Jul 31, 2012 02:23 PM
    Hi Community:

Chris has 2 questions. Can you answer them?

Thanks!
    Mary

• 3.  RE: Spectrum Alarm - Trouble Ticket ID?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 31, 2012 02:35 PM

cduryea wrote:

Spectrum r9.2.1.7
    SDM r12.6

We are using the integration between Spectrum and Service Desk Manager. We automate some alarms to generate a ticket automatically, and others we allow manual ticket creation from the alarm. No problems there, the Trouble Ticket ID field in Spectrum show the ticket number and it is also hyperlinked back to Service Desk.

The problem comes in where we may have an alarm that does not generate a ticket automatically (by design) but the alarm is realted to a ticket that was generated by another alarm. I can set the Trouble Ticket ID manually through the Alarm Details tab, but it is not hyperlinked back to SDM and it does not show up on a Spectrum Webintelligence report that pulls the [TroubleTicketID] for that alarm.

How can I:
    1. Get a manually set (through Alarm Details tab) Trouble Ticket ID to be hyperlinked back to SDM just like the automatically/manually generated ones? (Right-clicking the alarm and generating a ticket ID is not a viable option as that generates a new ticket ID)
    2. Get a manually set (through Alarm Details tab) TroubleTicketID to show up in reports? (needed for auditors)

Chris
    Hello Chris,

I can help answer the question about the Service Desk Integration. I'll have to defer to the subject matter experts on our team that work on the Spectrum reporting tools to assist with that part but I believe in thew newer Spectrum Report Manager tools you can use Infoview to create custom reports, but whether you can add specific attributes from alarms to those reports is not something I have the answer to.

In terms of the Trouble Ticket ID field and it's linked value through the integration processing vs. manually filling in that field with the ticket number from Service Desk so it's a link, unfortunately that would fall under the heading of an Enhancement Request. The integration is hard coded to perform that function and create that link back to the related Service Desk ticket created via the Integration. Unfortunately there is no way, short of a Services provided customization, if they are able to provide such a customization, for that action to be taken by users through the out of the box Spectrum product and its Service Desk Integration.

That being said, I think that is a good idea for an enhancement to the product. I would suggest an issue be opened with out support group to have such a request submitted for consideration.

Thank you,
    Michael

• 4.  RE: Spectrum Alarm - Trouble Ticket ID?

Posted Aug 01, 2012 11:17 PM
    Thanks for the reply. About what I suspected that its not possible but thought I would ask to be sure. It just so happens that I am using Infoview and a custom report and the Trouble Ticket ID field is being used in the report.

I may leave this open a short while longer just to see if anyone else has run into this and found a solution.

Thanks
    :)