Clarity

• 1.  Execute a Process job id -Process instance id

Posted Jul 18, 2012 01:17 PM
    Hello Everyone,

I am trying to figure out the relation in db for the process instance id which is initiated from the "Execute a Process " Job but ended up with no luck.

In detail we are trying to build a portlet which shows the list of job runs(Execute a Process) which will initiate the process and in the same portlet we need to show the Process step status.But I am not able to find the relation between cmn_sch_job_runs and bpm_run_processes table.

Can someone please help me in finding the relation.

Thanks in Advance,
    Karthik

• 2.  RE: Execute a Process job id -Process instance id
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 19, 2012 05:51 AM
    Hi Karthik

This link should give you what you're looking for.

Owen

• 3.  RE: Execute a Process job id -Process instance id

Posted Jul 19, 2012 01:17 PM
    Hello Owen,

Thanks for your time. But there is no relation specified between bpm_run_processes and cmn_sch_job_runs tables because I am looking to show the "Execute a process" Job runs along with the Process instances that were kicked off the "Execute a process" job.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Karthik

• 4.  RE: Execute a Process job id -Process instance id

Posted Jul 19, 2012 03:17 PM
    Are you looking for the list of processes ran using "Execute a process" Job then you can refer the below queries.

select distinct job_definition_id from niku.CMN_SCH_JOBS
    where name='Execute a Process'

select * from niku.CMN_SCH_JOB_RUNS A, niku.CMN_SCH_JOBS B
    where A.job_id =B.id
    AND B.job_definition_id=50560

Shalinee

• 5.  RE: Execute a Process job id -Process instance id

Posted Jul 20, 2012 07:54 AM
    Thanks Shalinee but this will give the job runs for "Execute a Process" job but how I am looking for a link this between the job run id and process instance id for each job run.

Regards,
    Karthik

• 6.  Re: Execute a Process job id -Process instance id

Posted Jun 29, 2015 10:53 AM

Hello Owen,

I'm not able to access the provided link.

Could you please share me the URL of the link..

Regards

Syed

• 7.  Re: Execute a Process job id -Process instance id

Posted Jun 29, 2015 11:27 AM

I am not able to recover the URL of the link, but in terms of this question, there is no guaranteed relationship that identifies from a process instance the 'Execute a Process' job instance that launched it.

Execute a Process tells the process engine to start a process instance, but it does not record or log the ID of the started instance, and the process instance itself runs asynchronously from the job that launches it.

If this is information that is important to your needs, you may want to raise an Idea asking for (something like) the Execute a Process job to record or store the process instance it started, as that would be an improvement requiring a change in how the product is designed today.