DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Configuring alert for service unavailability in Introscope 9.1

Posted Jul 19, 2012 05:08 PM
    Hi ,

Could someone please tell about creating alert , when the server or any service becomes unavailable?

Scenario: I have 5 clusters in my server and Intro scope is configured to monitor all the 5 clusters. Now when one of the cluster becomes unavailable due to some issue, I could see that there is no metrics available in Investigator. I would like to get an alert when ever each cluster becomes unavailable.

Thanks,
    Mani.

• 2.  RE: Configuring alert for service unavailability in Introscope 9.1
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 20, 2012 09:11 AM
    Each agent has a value called "ConnectionStatus" that is located on the EM that owns it. An agent that is connected is at a 1 value, when it disconnects it changes to a value of 3. create an alert off of this metric, if not equal to 1 alert.
    Hope this helps.
    Jose

• 3.  RE: Configuring alert for service unavailability in Introscope 9.1

Posted Jul 20, 2012 12:28 PM
    Thank you Jose ........!

I am able to configure. The alert works fine.

• 4.  RE: Configuring alert for service unavailability in Introscope 9.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 20, 2012 01:28 PM
    You can do this, but as a number of people have reported, when the agent is rebalanced by the MOM, you can trigger a false alert.
    Can you try to mitigate this by delaying the action on the calculator.

You can also monitor the 'Bytes In Use' and create a calculator on this metric. Again, with load balancing, it's best to set an action delay to ensure you're not sending a false alert.

• 5.  RE: Configuring alert for service unavailability in Introscope 9.1

Posted Jul 26, 2012 10:53 PM
    If it is standalone deployment then you are good if it is wily cluster then you need to figure out which collector the agent is connected to. We have done this by running a JS script that will determine if agent connection status is 1 on any collector

• 6.  RE: Configuring alert for service unavailability in Introscope 9.1

Posted Jul 27, 2012 11:23 AM
    we have the same script and i belive it came from CA. and i belive with the new 9.1 em versions they are trying to make that central MOM agent view / state standard, so a propper em cluster steup.

• 7.  RE: Configuring alert for service unavailability in Introscope 9.1

Posted Jul 09, 2013 08:13 PM
    Does anyone have a copy of the js script that they can share? We are trying to use the connectionstatus in a clustered environment and need to be able to get the status no matter which collector it is reporting to.

Thanks.
    Bobby D.