Clarity

• 1.  Creating Buttons on Clarity

Posted Aug 06, 2012 06:16 AM
    Hi All,

I have a requirement where i need to create buttons in clarity object.Generally we have New and Delete buttons in clarity i want to have buttons Approve and Reject .Is is possible to do the same in clarity.
    Has anyone every tried of creating Buttons in Clarity?
    Please tell em how to do this.

Thanks
    Rajesh

• 2.  RE: Creating Buttons on Clarity

Posted Aug 08, 2012 11:48 AM
    Hi All,

Anyone have a quick answer for Rajesh?

Thanks!
    Chris

• 3.  RE: Creating Buttons on Clarity

Posted Aug 21, 2012 12:12 PM
    Hi All,

Another shout out here for Rajesh. Any quick ideas?

Thanks!
    Chris

• 4.  RE: Creating Buttons on Clarity
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 21, 2012 12:54 PM
    V13 introduced "Object Actions" where we can launch programmable "actions" from an object instance; these are not implemented with a "button" though, its on a drop-down menu.

There are a couple of videos on the V13 video page concerning this new functionality.

• 5.  RE: Creating Buttons on Clarity

Posted Aug 23, 2012 04:59 AM
    Well does it have to be "Buttons"?. Cant you implement the same functionality using an additional attribute as a status flag with values as "Approved" or "Rejected" . Having 2 buttons seems redundant to me since im sure at any one point an object can either be "Approved" or "Rejected".

• 6.  RE: Creating Buttons on Clarity

Posted Aug 23, 2012 06:19 AM
    Having buttons provide me a functionality where user can select all the records at once and can "Approve" or "Reject" them.
    Having flag "approved" or "rejected" makes the user to go and select for each and every record which is time consuming.

• 7.  RE: Creating Buttons on Clarity

Posted Aug 23, 2012 06:27 AM

trajesh wrote:

...user can select all the records at once and can "Approve" or "Reject" them....
    Object Actions (like I posted earlier) also allow you to do that.