Clarity

• 1.  Task ID "~dtp" How Is It Created

Posted Aug 08, 2012 11:07 AM
    I have a Project Task ID "~dtp" with the Task Name "Deleted Tasks" and 1,200 actual hours
    -
    I don't see any reference to this taks in the WIP Table.
    -
    What does "dtp" stand for? (??Delete Time Period??)
    -
    How are these type of tasks created.
    -
    Thanks in advace for your replies.
    -
    Stephen

• 2.  RE: Task ID "~dtp" How Is It Created
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 08, 2012 11:48 AM
    It is short for 'deleted tasks phase' and acts as a placeholder in a project when an attempt is made to delete a task that has approved/posted timesheets against it. These tasks are taken out of the 'core' WBS of the project and placed in a phase by this name at the bottom, so as to not falsely appear below whatever structure is at the tail of your project task list. Other than this, it is a regular task/phase record.

• 3.  Re: Task ID "~dtp" How Is It Created

Posted Dec 05, 2016 05:18 AM

So, does that mean, if I was deleting a task "ABC" with actuals 10 (say), this ~dtp task gets created with actuals 10; however, ABC also remains there?

• 4.  Re: Task ID "~dtp" How Is It Created

Posted Dec 05, 2016 09:57 AM

The task "ABC" with actuals 10 will still exist, but a new phase "~dtp" is created in the project hierarchy (appended to the bottom, typically), and the task will appear to have been moved under this.  So "~dtp" is a new phase level record, and the "ABC" task and its actuals are still in the project, just moved from their prior position to being a child record of this new phase instead.

Example:

P1

- A2

- - ABC (actuals=10)

- - DEF

Upon deleting ABC and saving:

P1

- A2

- - DEF

~dtp

- - ABC (actuals=10)