AnsweredAssumed Answered

Question on how to conditionally display object subpage b/o instance rights

Question asked by UniversalMysteries on Aug 9, 2012
Latest reply on Aug 17, 2012 by Dave
I have been presented with a technical challenge in that I need to display certain project object subpages conditionally on whether a user has been granted instance rights to the subpage along with other criteria on attributes from the project object. A sentence to describe the business rules could be stated as, "If instance right access to the project has been granted then display all subpages of the project else display all subpages of the project only if the project's status is 'Open'. Review of the ClarityPPM Developer Studio Guide shows four different Clarity functions that can be used in the Display Condition Builder to filter on Rights/Groups/OBS:

Check resource's globalrights == checkGlobalRight(<global right code>,<value tocheck>,<operator>)

Check resource's group == checkGroup( <group code>, <value to check>,<operator> )

Check resource's OBSunit == checkOBSUnit( <OBS path>, <OBS Internal ID>,<OBS level>, <value to check>, <operator> )

Check resource'spartition == checkOBSUnit( <OBS path>, <OBS Internal ID>,<OBS level>, <value to check>, <operator> )

Now a test of the checkGlobalRight procedure worked for global rights references such as checkGlobalRight("ProjectViewFull", ctx, "EQUALS") as a filter for display however what I need is a check for instance rights to the project instance granted to the specific resource. I cannot find any Clarity functions that can be used in the Display Condition Builder. Does any such function exist?

Outcomes