AnsweredAssumed Answered

APM data overload

Question asked by ashishv on Aug 27, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 13, 2013 by Hiko_Davis
Hello list,

i am sure most of you have in some terms have thought about the data overload that APM (ANY APM not just CA APM); poses and how to analyze it?

The root cause analysis involves (most of the times) luck; you need to be looking at the right place at the right time (please take this in an objective manner i am big time for CA APM), if not then u are looking for traces (which are sampled and not always present and that causes more pain.). Looking thru Thousands of Metrics and trying to make sense of this is just mind boggling.
I refuse to invest in another product that just analyzes APM data; should this be done by APM products themselves? seems like AppDynamics and some other's are on that quest.

so how is every one dealing with this data overload, this isn't a whining competition but an attempt to start a discussion on this subject and how folks from various aspect dealing with tremendous data deals with it and makes sense of it..

my take:
Make Application Heuristics and What's Interesting really work and give some more meat and meaning. that's a good start and then work on getting some real analytics engine (buy u know which company :) ) on top of that...

but that's just my opinion personally.

ashish

Outcomes