IT Process Automation

• 1.  Advice on installing a new PAM Cluster

Posted Aug 27, 2012 08:44 PM
    Hi,

Is it possible to implement a new PAM Cluster without using Apache (as described in the tech tips article)?
    We have an existing load balancer that I'd like to use to direct traffic between a Primary Domain Orchestrator and Secondary Orchestrator.

We are running PAM in a Windows Server 2008 environment using MS SQL.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated =).

Thank you!

==============================================

Ok ... as a follow up I now have:

1 Primary Domain Orchestrator
    1 Secondary Orchestrator

Both share a repository database and seem to be in working order. Anything I create or run on either Orchestrator is visible from the other. Both Orchestrators have their SOAP WSDLs exposed and available.

Is this approach correct? Is there another recommended approach to take?

So many questions ..... =)

• 2.  RE: Advice on installing a new PAM Cluster
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 28, 2012 08:14 AM
    Is it possible? Yes. However, ITPAM does not certify or support Hardware Load Balancers like an F5. This type of configuration would be handled by an Administrator on your end.

In my limited experience, at least with F5 load balancers it is configuration intensive on the side of the Hardware Load Balancer and not so much ITPAM. I believe you need to create a DNS alias and F5 name (ie., pam-orchestrator). Then a HOST file entry on each host that maps the alias to the IP address. I do not have any detailed information on this topic. Once again, hardware load balancers with ITPAM are not supported. I would recommend Apache and the technical document you mentioned. TEC560873 "Clustering an ITPAM 3.1 Orchestrator for scalability and high availability".

Thank you.

• 3.  RE: Advice on installing a new PAM Cluster

Posted Aug 28, 2012 08:53 PM
    Hi Scott, thank you for your response! I would definitely prefer the recommended CA approach, however, the likelihood of me acquiring another set of servers for my PAM cluster is extremely low :sad.
    I'm going to have to leverage existing infrastructure to make things happen.