CA Client Automation

• 1.  remote control error

Posted Aug 30, 2012 10:18 AM
    Hi friends,

I have difficulties in accessing computers via remote control and many are submitted following errors:

1.The address was valid, but the connection was rejected. Please check the Remote Control That host is running, and listening for connections.
    2.The network connection was lost During negotiation of encryption.
    3.The address was valid, but the connection Could not be established Within the allowed time. The computer may be switched off, or Otherwise unreachable.
    4.The Management Server Remote Control is not available to validate the supplied credentials.

I've had help with some commands below:

ccnfcmda-cmd-setparametervalue itrm ps / agent / solutions / generic-v-pn ServerAddress polonia-manager

cacertutil removes t: ITCM-anonymous

Apply RO33375

If anyone can help what to do with each error..

Tks
    Valter

• 2.  RE: remote control error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 30, 2012 10:46 AM
    Hi

I would receommend you log a support issue for this.

we wouldneed to review the logs to determine the casue of each issue.
    regards
    Rich

• 3.  RE: remote control error

Posted Aug 30, 2012 12:01 PM
    I agree with Rich that the best option is to raise a support issue to look in to each error in more detail. I have put some comments in line with your original questions which also may be helpful:

1.The address was valid, but the connection was rejected. Please check the Remote Control That host is running, and listening for connections. - A machine is responding on that address but the remote control host is not running or listening. Check the status of CAF on the end computer responding on that ip address and check if it's all running.

2.The network connection was lost During negotiation of encryption. - Retry the connect and see if it connects. It may have been a one off network connection issue. Also check the patch levels of the DM, SS and Agent to ensure they are all the same and up to date with the latest published fixes.

3.The address was valid, but the connection Could not be established Within the allowed time. The computer may be switched off, or Otherwise unreachable. - Check the end computer is online. The resolution of the name to the ip sounds like it's working but the machine cannot be connected it. Could even be a firewall blocking the connection.

4.The Management Server Remote Control is not available to validate the supplied credentials. - The viewer cannot connect to the management server becuase it's either behind a firewall or not available. Check your remote control mangement server is online.

Regards
    James Laverick
    CA Services

• 4.  RE: remote control error

Posted Aug 30, 2012 01:17 PM
    Valter;

Your remote control issues are being caused by the machine you want to remote onto has Duplicate Anonymous Certificates. You can check it by running a temporary command line fix. On the machine you want to remote to, RDP onto it and open up a command prompt.

then run this command.

cacertutil remove -t:itcm-anonymous

If the command fails it is because it has duplicate certificates and in that case you need to run this command:

cacertutil remove -s:CN=PC name,OU=itcm-self-signed,O=ca -sn:01
    cacertutil remove -s:CN=PC name,OU=itcm-self-signed,O=ca -sn:02

cacertutil remove -t:itcm-anonymous
    cacertutil list -v

Then try remoting onto the PC.

• 5.  RE: remote control error

Posted Sep 06, 2012 02:01 PM
    Taiwan is Scalability Server

C:\Documents and Settings\adm.valterju>cacertutil remove -t:itcm-anonymous
    Multiple matches were found for this certificate. Please use remove with SKID or
    Subject Name and Serial Number.'
    Subject : CN=Taiwan.cptm.info,OU=itcm-self-signed,O=ca
    SKID : 10EB0317F8CCEB4D8EE28960BDF8A8FBA66ABA7F
    Serial : 01

Subject : CN=Taiwan.cptm.info,OU=itcm-self-signed,O=ca
    SKID : 16E8CACC6107561158909EA548BB4624C3EAFFF7
    Serial : 02

...Operation Failed.

If the command fails it is because it has duplicate certificates and in that case need to run this command:

What to parameter change to function the above command???

Tks

• 6.  Re: remote control error

Posted May 26, 2017 07:44 AM

Hi Everyone

This is the error I get when I try to remote control onto someone's computer.

Unable to establish a remote control session:
    Your username and password were valid but you were not recognized by the Remote Control Management Server as a registered user of this host. Ensure that the user name that you are trying to connect as has been granted permission on the management server.

I ran this command:

cacertutil remove -t:itcm-anonymous and it fails as per the below screenshot. The I used the command 

And still it fails as per the below screenshot. These are the results are from the computer I am trying to remote to

While these results are from the ITCM server

Please advise

Regards,
    Tshepiso

• 7.  Re: remote control error

Posted May 26, 2017 10:59 AM

Hi Tseshipo,

Firstly your cacertutil command at the computer are incorrectly coded, you have '-s:CN=CN=', but in any case I don't think that is the problem here. I think the problem is you have not defined the remote control permissions properly. Remote Control cannot be used until you specifically grant permissions for users or groups of users to take control of computers or groups of computers. Please see the Remote Control Admin guide in Docops for details on how to configure permissions in remote control.

Steve McCormick

Principal Services Consultant, CA