Clarity

• 1.  Clarity home page

Posted Sep 05, 2012 02:58 AM
    Hi,

I have requirement to set different Clarity home pages per user group, meaning upon login PM should have different home page set then basic users.
    Is there a way to do that?

thank you in advance,
    danijela

• 2.  RE: Clarity home page

Posted Sep 05, 2012 03:42 AM
    You can do this on a individual basis (per user) but not by "group" within normal functionality within the application GUI.

--

You could write a XOG script to do this though (and automate the process somehow), you can seemingly update the "homeUrl" for a user through XOG - see the "cmn_users_write.xml" file for the example format.

• 3.  RE: Clarity home page

Posted Sep 05, 2012 04:32 AM
    Just wondering again...
    The home page attribute is in the user porperties in admin tool 8in v13) but is is read only. Why?

Martti K.

• 4.  RE: Clarity home page

Posted Sep 05, 2012 04:53 AM

another_martink wrote:

Just wondering again...
    The home page attribute is in the user porperties in admin tool 8in v13) but is is read only. Why?

Martti K.
    It has ALWAYS been this way as far as I know?
    The admin settings only allows us to set the home page for a user to "Current Timesheet" or "System Default". The user themself is the only one who can set their home page (via the GUI) to something (anything) different.

• 5.  RE: Clarity home page

Posted Sep 05, 2012 06:07 AM
    I am not saying it isn't or it hasn't, but just wondering again. Another thing the administrator cannot administer.

Martti K.

• 6.  RE: Clarity home page
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 05, 2012 08:47 AM
    Hi,

If you are familiar with clarity DB model you can do the below.As usual get an approval from CA and then proceed.

If you exactly know what group (Hope you are maintain in groups for access rights) needs which homepage to be set as URL.Then you can login as an user and set the respective homepage asked by each user group .
    The data will be stored in cmn_sec_users - HOME_URL column.

i.e For setting the homepage as current timesheet the below value will be stored in HOME_URL column.

timeadmin.currentTimesheet

Then store the resultant for each group and then finally update the column for each user.You need to do this by linking with the respective user groups. (cmn_sec_user_groups)

cheers,
    sundar

• 7.  RE: Clarity home page

Posted Sep 05, 2012 03:09 PM
    That does not sound much simpler than the supported XOG.

Martti K.

• 8.  RE: Clarity home page

Posted Sep 06, 2012 04:42 AM
    Thank you, all!

It is clear to me how to solve this requirement.

Regards,
    Danijela

• 9.  RE: Clarity home page

Posted Sep 06, 2012 04:42 AM
    Thank you, all!

It is clear to me how to solve this requirement.

Regards,
    Danijela

• 10.  RE: Clarity home page

Posted Sep 06, 2012 05:55 AM
    Hi,

As martti pointed out if you can do with XOG then fine.

we got approval and done it.

The other benefit is that it helps in reducing user clicks and helps in system performance.If an user group is an pure time sheet user setting that directly setting the home page to current time sheet will avoid 2 clicks and user friendly too.
    Especially if you have an overview page loaded with portlets etc .

cheers,
    sundar