DX NetOps

• 1.  Tuesday Tip: Step by Step Upgrade from CABI 3.2 to CABI 3.3 on Windows

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2012 03:17 AM
      |   view attached

Tuesday Tip: Step by Step Upgrade from CABI 3.2 to CABI 3.3 on Windows

CA Spectrum Tuesday Tip by Widjaja Sangtoki, Principal Support Engineer

Description: Attached document shows step by step how to upgrade from CABI 3.2 to CABI 3.3 on Windows.

Attachment(s)

docx
    UpgradeToCABI33.docx   5.54 MB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Tuesday Tip: Step by Step Upgrade from CABI 3.2 to CABI 3.3 on Windows

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2012 04:08 AM
    Hi Widjaja,

This is just beautiful!!
    The screenshots make it so easy.

Regards,
    Kiran Diwakar

• 3.  RE: Tuesday Tip: Step by Step Upgrade from CABI 3.2 to CABI 3.3 on Windows

Posted Sep 08, 2012 08:09 AM
    Thanks !

• 4.  RE: Tuesday Tip: Step by Step Upgrade from CABI 3.2 to CABI 3.3 on Windows

Posted Sep 09, 2012 10:55 AM
    Excellent Document!!!!

Thanks Widjaja

• 5.  RE: Tuesday Tip: Step by Step Upgrade from CABI 3.2 to CABI 3.3 on Windows

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 19, 2012 07:01 PM
    Great Tip! Thanks Widjaja.

• 6.  RE: Tuesday Tip: Step by Step Upgrade from CABI 3.2 to CABI 3.3 on Windows

Posted Oct 10, 2012 11:11 AM
    Great Tip, I would recommend on page 13 making reference to the Disk1\cabi\scripts\SQLAW\readme.txt file to better understand the options being used with the ssawdbcreate.bat command. ({SQLAW Server Name} paramenter is actually the dispplay name of the Windows Service that will be created. This will help cut down on user confussion.

• 7.  RE: Tuesday Tip: Step by Step Upgrade from CABI 3.2 to CABI 3.3 on Windows

Posted Oct 31, 2012 03:47 AM
    Thank you for the document. I upgraded CABI from 3.1 to 3.3 yesterday and it was easy, because the document describe the steps very good.
    Other question: Is there a similar document for CABI on Linux/Solaris also? I don't think I can use much of the steps from this document to upgrade the CABI on *NIX operating systems.

Regards,
    Christoph

• 8.  RE: Tuesday Tip: Step by Step Upgrade from CABI 3.2 to CABI 3.3 on Windows

Posted Nov 27, 2012 03:44 AM
    Hi,

Great tip..good step by step doc...Thanks a lot..!!

• 9.  RE: Tuesday Tip: Step by Step Upgrade from CABI 3.2 to CABI 3.3 on Windows

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 20, 2012 08:15 AM
    Promoting to the top of the Tech Tips Page.

• 10.  RE: Tuesday Tip: Step by Step Upgrade from CABI 3.2 to CABI 3.3 on Windows

Posted Jan 10, 2013 10:38 AM
    That is a fantastic document but I have to ask what the benefits of actually upgrading might be?

CA support have recommended that uninstalling 3.2 and installing 3.3 as a fresh install is the best option and that seems to make sense given that all od the reporting data is in the OC/SRM reporting db.

So I guess unless there are any report instances that need to be kept then I can see that the fresh install option would seem like the best idea...unless I'm missing something?

Kind Regards
    Lesley

• 11.  Re: Tuesday Tip: Step by Step Upgrade from CABI 3.2 to CABI 3.3 on Windows

Posted Aug 03, 2014 07:45 AM

Excellent Document!!!!!. It helps me a lot!!