AnsweredAssumed Answered

Historical Collector data not appearing in cluster

Question asked by joeg84 on Sep 7, 2012
Latest reply on Sep 19, 2012 by Hiko_Davis
First, I apologize for the title, it was the best I could come up. Here is our dilemma:

When we first created our Introscope environment, it was very small, and we only had one EM collecting data from agents. As the number of agents has grown, we've added a second EM for QA/Dev data only, and have left the original EM for Production agents. To make it easier on users to view data from both environments, we've configured a MOM to handle the client requests from Workstation and WebView.

The problem is, all metric data before we cut the Collector EMs over to be clustered under the MOM is no longer viewable, even if we log in directly to the collector EM and try to view it. Is there an option we must select to view data before the EMs were clustered? Do I need to export and merge the SmartStor's onto the MOM? Admittedly, I haven't tried placing the Collectors back into stand-alone mode and checking if the metric data is still there, as I'm hoping that there is a configuration option I've overlooked somewhere.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Environment info:

APM Version: 9.0.7
Agents: Weblogic only

Outcomes