CA Service Management

• 1.  Knowledge Tool as Known Error Database

Posted Sep 14, 2012 11:55 AM
    Is anyone using the Knowledge tool for a Problem Management Known Error Database as well as general knowledge and working orders for fulfillment etc.? If so, how are you able to manage Knowledge Types without creating additional categories? Initially I thought an attribute on the knowledge documents would be useful to distinguish fulfillment, known errors and standard change documentation from other general knowledge.

The alternative is to place text in one of the fields, set an expiration, and just throw everything in to the same pile. This makes it dificult to measure how many known errors or workarounds are being intriduced or retired.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Knowledge Tool as Known Error Database

Posted Sep 19, 2012 12:48 PM
    Hi All,

Anyone have feedback for this one?

Thanks!
    Chris

• 3.  RE: Knowledge Tool as Known Error Database

Posted Sep 21, 2012 11:25 AM
    Ok, well perhaps no one is doing this? The only way I have come up with is to use a different template for each type of knowledge document and that way they could be identified. Does anyone manage knowledge documents based on template, or is that just for document creation and then it become irrelevant?

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: Knowledge Tool as Known Error Database
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 09, 2014 01:25 PM

I know this is an old thread, but we are doing this with a very simple solution. In our document title, we put "Known Error:" and the article title. This way the analyst knows it is a known error and we can have either the work around or the status in the article. We have not rolled out KCS to the end user, but when we do, these articles will not be visible to the end user at first.

Hope this helps