AnsweredAssumed Answered

Coherence MBeanConnector

Question asked by jlamande on Sep 21, 2012
Latest reply on Sep 28, 2012 by j_seele
Hi,
sorry but for my part, I have an issue in collecting JMX metrics for Coherence 3.6 in a MBeanConnector node.

On my platform, I use Introscope 8.2.3, Coherence CacheServers, Caches in WebLogic 10.3.4 and a Coherence MBeanServer Node (com.tangosol.net.management.MBeanConnector -rmi).

When activating the following property on a WebLogic node, I can see Coherence/.... metrics under the node JMX of the investigator.
-Dtangosol.coherence.management=local-only
But on the MBeanConnector node which is the one that must be monitored for Coherence metrics of other nodes, I define
-Dtangosol.coherence.management=all
No JMX node is available in the investigator, only Agent Stats, CPU, File System, ....

I've configured the agent as :
introscope.agent.jmx.enable=true
# tried also with jsr77 true and false
introscope.agent.jmx.name.jsr77.disable=true
# tried also primaryKeys empty and commented
introscope.agent.jmx.name.primarykeys=Type,Name
introscope.agent.jmx.name.filter=Coherence|*type=Cache
# tried excludeStringMetrics with true
introscope.agent.jmx.excludeStringMetrics=false
About the MBeanConnector node, here are the significant java options :
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote=true  -Dtangosol.coherence.management=all -Dtangosol.coherence.management.remote=true -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=3458 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -Dtangosol.coherence.management.remote.registryport=9991 -Dtangosol.coherence.management.remote.connectionport=3000  com.tangosol.net.management.MBeanConnector -rmi
Not sure if rmi configuration could be the reason of my issue.

Any idea ?
Thx

Outcomes