DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Auto Tracing using PersistentTransactionTracerConfiguration.xml

Posted Oct 01, 2012 06:01 PM
    Hello All,

We recently upgraded Wily Introscope to version 9.1. Auto tracing does not seem to work correctly. We set up TraceSession agentExpression with thresholds of 19 seconds in the PersistentTransactionTracerConfiguration.xml on the all the EMs.

<TraceSession agentExpression="cvgimg9103\|.*" enabled="true">
    <AndFilter>
    <ThresholdFilter thresholdInMillis="19000"/>
    </AndFilter>
    </TraceSession>

Cvgimg9103 is a .NET agent. We only want to see transactions that take longer than 19 seconds to be traced and caputured in Introscope. However, Introscope shows all the transactions being traced including the ones below the 19 second threshold which put some load on the EMs and on the Agent and therefore impacting performance. Are there any other areas either on the EMs or on the Agent that can be configured to set up the thresholds on transaction tracing?

Thank you in advance for the help.

• 2.  RE: Auto Tracing using PersistentTransactionTracerConfiguration.xml

Posted Oct 10, 2012 10:34 AM
    Hello Community:

Kbnguyen1 is looking for some insight here. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Mary

• 3.  RE: Auto Tracing using PersistentTransactionTracerConfiguration.xml
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 10, 2012 11:03 AM

Try something like the below; I don't believe you need the <AndFilter> nodes to accomplish what you intend:

<!-- capture traces for agents that match the below regular expression pattern-->
    <TraceSession agentExpression="cvgimg9103\|.*" enabled="true">
    <!-- capture traces with a duration that exceeds the given threshold -->
    <ThresholdFilter thresholdInMillis="19000"/>

</TraceSession>

• 4.  Re: Auto Tracing using PersistentTransactionTracerConfiguration.xml

Posted Sep 01, 2015 04:00 PM

This doesn't work with APM 9.7.1 running on Windows 2012, unless I'm missing something. I copied the file to the config directory on my standalone EM and restarted the EM service. There is no message in the log like the file says there should be. Can anyone confirm?