AnsweredAssumed Answered

Active Directory - multiple domains

Question asked by klauspm on Oct 9, 2012
Latest reply on Jul 29, 2013 by clark1327
Hello,

I've got ControlMinder 12.6 SP1 installed and going against our main Active Directory domain as the user store. We've got several other domains in our forest, and I would like to get them as well (so that a user in a different domain could login to the Enterprise Management site with his user account). Has anyone done this? Can you point me in the right direction?

I found the following in the docs, but it doesn't seem to help. I still get the following error when trying to log in with user credentials from another domain - "Error: User does not exists in provided domain"

=======================================================================
Set Up CA Access Control Enterprise Management to Work with Active Directory on Another Domain
If you want to work with an Active Directory that is located outside of the domain that you installed CA Access Control Enterprise Management on, you must change the host TCP/IP settings.

To set up CA Access Control Enterprise Management to work with Active Directory on another domain
On Windows
Click Start, Control Panel, Network Connections.
The Network Connections window appears.

Right-click the active network connection and click Properties.
The Connection Properties dialog appears with the General tab open.

Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click Properties
The Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties General tab appears.

Click Advanced and click the DNS tab in the open dialog.
The Advanced TCP/IP Settings DNS tab appears.

Click Add and enter the IP address of the DNS server of the domain that Active Directory is located on.
Select Append these DNS suffices (in order) and click Add to add a suffix.
The TCP/IP Domain Suffix dialog appears.

Enter the domain suffix.
Example: company.com

Click OK on all open dialogs to confirm your changes and exit.
================================================================

Thanks!

Outcomes