ChrisHoelscher

storage overlay?

Discussion created by ChrisHoelscher on Oct 16, 2012
I have recently encountered storage overlay in one CV - I have turned on HPSPO and all non IDMS system programs are marked protect - still get the storage overlay

CA tells me it is a task overlaying its OWN storage - as such storage isolation does no good --- (but would a task overlaying its OWN storage freeze the CV?)

I have gone thru SMF records to look for tacks active in the vicinity - but I fear any task active at the time of the SO will not be written - I will check journals for bgin records on the off chance that this is an update transaction

I have also found dialogs that are abending:

SUBSCRIPT VALUE NOT WITHIN VALID RANGE
in dialog RED45012 process RED45012-PREMAP version 0001

OBTAIN RE2341-CTRCT DB-KEY IS REG-FIRST-DBKEY(REG-PAGE-NBR).

(the abends I can see are not tied to the storage overlays - but this would seem to be a prime candidates for the events I can't see...)

Of course - the developers say "nothing changed on our side" - perhaps this is true - but I find that occasionally this is a stock answer

Having never had to deal with this problem before, I would appreciate any suggestions on how to find the offender

Chris hoelscher
Technology Architect | Database Infrastructure Services
Technology Solution Services
[Description: Description: cid:image001.png@01CD13D7.1A57CAF0]
123 East Main Street |Louisville, KY 40202
choelscher@humana.com
Humana.com
Keeping CAS and Metavance safe for all HUMANAty

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain CONFIDENTIAL material. If you receive this material/information in error,
please contact the sender and delete or destroy the material/information.

Outcomes