Expand all | Collapse all

% complete attribute CA Clarity

• 1.  % complete attribute CA Clarity

Posted Oct 20, 2012 01:24 PM
    Hi guys,

CA Clarity PPM 12.1.2 / MSP 2010 32 bits

We have some projects with Calc Method sett = "Manual"

On Clarity % complete attribute is different % complete MSP
    In Clarity % complete attribute is updated manually or automatic?, I understand that when method calc is duration or effort exist a job %complete that update the % complete of project

1 - Using calc method = Manual we should update % complete manually?

Thanks for all,
    Regards

Juan

• 2.  RE: % complete attribute CA Clarity
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 21, 2012 01:49 PM
    I think I've clarified my question

Note: If you are using CA Clarity PPM with Microsoft Project or if your
    company uses an external job to calculate % Complete, select manual as the
    % complete calculation method.
    Values:
    - Manual. Use this method if you want to enter the percent complete for the
    project, summary, and detail tasks manually. The % Complete field is on the
    task properties page.

What do you think? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• 3.  RE: % complete attribute CA Clarity

Posted Oct 22, 2012 01:41 PM
    I think you are right, if the company have an external (non Clarity) job to calculate % complete, however you can have a process in Clarity to calculate the % complete.

Hope this helps,

regards,

Erick

• 4.  RE: % complete attribute CA Clarity

Posted Sep 09, 2013 10:38 PM
    'This is very strange. CA user guide tell us that if we use some external tool, like MS Project, we should use % complete calculation as "Manual".
    I've setted this option as Manual, expecting that clarity would use the MS. Project % complete values. But the behavior that I could see was that the project % complete field hasn't been loaded with the MS Project values.
    The % complete value for the tasks was the same of MS Project.
    Is this an error on clarity user guide? It appears for me that is not a good option choose the Manual option with MSP.

• 5.  RE: % complete attribute CA Clarity

Posted Sep 10, 2013 09:11 AM

ronaldorezende-tecban wrote:

'This is very strange. CA user guide tell us that if we use some external tool, like MS Project, we should use % complete calculation as "Manual".
    I've setted this option as Manual, expecting that clarity would use the MS. Project % complete values. But the behavior that I could see was that the project % complete field hasn't been loaded with the MS Project values.
    The % complete value for the tasks was the same of MS Project.
    Is this an error on clarity user guide? It appears for me that is not a good option choose the Manual option with MSP.
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Could you possibly let me know what exact guide you are referencing here, and other information such as page number,etc. And, a screen shot is also very helpful! -_- The more information we have the better.

I will then take this issue back to the team for investigation.

• 6.  RE: % complete attribute CA Clarity

Posted Sep 10, 2013 12:07 PM
    Hi,
    take a look atthe Project Management User Guide
    % Complete Calculation Method
    Specifies the method for calculating the percent complete value for the project and tasks.

Values:

Manual. Use this method to enter the percent complete for the project, summary, and detail tasks manually. Also, select this calculation method If you are using CA Clarity PPM with Microsoft Project, or if you are using an external job to calculate % Complete. The % Complete field appears on the task properties page.
    Duration. Use this method to track percent complete based on duration. The duration is a measure of the total span of active working time for a task: from start to the finish date of a task. In this method, enter the % complete for the detail tasks. The % complete for summary tasks is automatically calculated based on the following formula:
    Summary Task % Complete = Total Detail Task Duration Complete / Total Detail Task Duration
    Effort. Use this method to calculate the % complete for summary and detail tasks, automatically, based on the work units completed by resource assignments. If you assign a non-labor resource to a task, the effort and actuals for that resource are ignored in the calculation. The calculations are based on the following formulas.
    Summary Task % Complete = Sum of Detail Task resource assignment Actuals / Sum of Detail Task resource assignment Effort
    Detail Task % Complete = Sum of resource assignment Actuals / Sum of resource assignment Effort
    Default: Manual

• 7.  RE: % complete attribute CA Clarity

Posted Sep 11, 2013 03:57 PM

Hi,
    Specifies the method for calculating the percent complete value for the project and tasks.

Values:

Manual. Use this method to enter the percent complete for the project, summary, and detail tasks manually. Also, select this calculation method If you are using CA Clarity PPM with Microsoft Project, or if you are using an external job to calculate % Complete. The % Complete field appears on the task properties page.
    Duration. Use this method to track percent complete based on duration. The duration is a measure of the total span of active working time for a task: from start to the finish date of a task. In this method, enter the % complete for the detail tasks. The % complete for summary tasks is automatically calculated based on the following formula:
    Summary Task % Complete = Total Detail Task Duration Complete / Total Detail Task Duration
    Effort. Use this method to calculate the % complete for summary and detail tasks, automatically, based on the work units completed by resource assignments. If you assign a non-labor resource to a task, the effort and actuals for that resource are ignored in the calculation. The calculations are based on the following formulas.
    Summary Task % Complete = Sum of Detail Task resource assignment Actuals / Sum of Detail Task resource assignment Effort
    Detail Task % Complete = Sum of resource assignment Actuals / Sum of resource assignment Effort
    Thank you, I will take this back to my team.

• 8.  RE: % complete attribute CA Clarity

Posted Sep 18, 2013 02:10 PM

Hi,

Values:

Hi,

Can you please open a support issue explaining the product behavior that your are experiencing? Once the issue is tracked and addressed, we will know if an update is needed to the current documentation or not.

Thanks,

Sarmistha

• 9.  RE: % complete attribute CA Clarity

Posted Sep 19, 2013 02:18 PM
    How can I open this issue? Everyone can open issues or are there some necessary permission for this?

• 10.  RE: % complete attribute CA Clarity

Posted Sep 19, 2013 02:32 PM
    Hello Ronaldo,

Login in our Support site and then in the left menu should appears 'open an issue' in this point your account must be associated a site ID of the company ...

You can to create this issue with all details

Thank you
    Nico

• 11.  RE: % complete attribute CA Clarity

Posted Sep 12, 2013 12:18 AM
    In my opinion this isn't strange ... in other words if your calculation method is set to manual, you need to use MSP as Scheduler. If your method is different (effort / duration) use OWB with Update % Complete Job

MSP will manage the Gantt chart (there are different formula), therefore you need to update manually from Clarity

Regards

• 12.  RE: % complete attribute CA Clarity

Posted Sep 12, 2013 09:41 PM
    It doesn't make sense for me. If I use MS Project, It must get the %complete determined in MS Project.
    It's very strange to have a different value in project % complete and in the MS Project.