AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Modern_Spanish_CI_AS" and...

Question asked by FloGoya on Nov 14, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 5, 2012 by Chris_Hackett
Hello Folks!

I'm trying to integrate CABI r3.3 with Clarity v13.1 and when trying to view a report from infoview I get the following message:

Error in File Budget Forecast Analysis: Database Connector Error: '42000:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Modern_Spanish_CI_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation. [Database Vendor Code: 468 ]'

My sql server is set with collation Modern_Spanish_CI_AS but the niku and bo databases are set with the correct collation "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS". I have tried to rebuild the server using command:

Setup /QUIET /ACTION=REBUILDDATABASE /INSTANCENAME=InstanceName
/SQLSYSADMINACCOUNTS=accounts /[ SAPWD= StrongPassword ]
/SQLCOLLATION=CollationName

but this is not working. This command fails all the time. No matter if I run it from the setp.exe located on the MSSQL server directory or if I run it from the cd media setup.

Now I understand that if the database has the right collation it should not throw any error message since it only matter what collation the database has, but how can I resolve this conflict?

From Clarity the error message I get is : "Error:RPT-0007: Specified report did not execute properly." Which makes sense since I cannot even run the report from Infoview.

This error is being throw for report "Budget Forecast Analysis". When I run "Timesheet Detail" it opens fine.

Has anyone have any suggestions? I really appreciate it!

Thanks a lot in advance!!!
Flo

Outcomes